Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: funny thing happened today

Oh my! At least your quilt was safe.

Blog Entries
    LOL that is hilarious :D:D:D

I guess you told your friend, "I'll be right over. Just as soon as I get a few loose ends tied up!" :lol:

Blog Entries
    That is a great story! One day I came home and found thread all over the house. My cat decided to jump on my sewing table, knock the thread spool down the floor and my dog must have thought it was a bone and decided to play "cat and dog" all through the house. It was funny.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mzsooz
    Today was my sew day at my friends house. Last night I had my flynn frame knock off all set up with my sewing machine. I had run the needle down through the quilt and pulled the bobbin thread up and just left it like that. Later I went down to pack up my sewing machine and proceeded to just slip the quilt frame off the machine and pack it up.

Well, this morning I asked my DH to please go downstairs and carry my machine up for me and put it in the car. So..he did. All of a sudden I hear my DD screaming OH NO!!! DAD STOP!! Turns out that I forgot to undo the thread that was in the quilt. The thread went around the corner of my sewing room, down the hall, upstairs through the kitchen, around the corner to the Living room, out the front door, down the steps and then along the sidewalk to the driveway and then wrapped around the car to the back where it was hanging out of the car with the hatch door down!! :lol:

When I got to my friend's house later the bobbin was completely empty! We all had a great laugh about that!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe you had to have been there.......... :lol:

No, I didn't have to be there to get a good laugh out of your thread guide to your car. LOL. This could have happened to anybody that sews, I sometimes get a thread or a raveling string caught on my ankle. It is a frustration to begin with, but funny when you suddenly find the culprit and realize in your turning and twisting round and round trying to find it that it has wrapped around both legs several time.

I have to laugh thinking how funny it would have been if no one saw the thread and you started driving down the road with thread unwinding behind you.

That is so funny. Thanks for sharing the story. LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mzsooz
    Today was my sew day at my friends house. Last night I had my flynn frame knock off all set up with my sewing machine. I had run the needle down through the quilt and pulled the bobbin thread up and just left it like that. Later I went down to pack up my sewing machine and proceeded to just slip the quilt frame off the machine and pack it up.

Well, this morning I asked my DH to please go downstairs and carry my machine up for me and put it in the car. So..he did. All of a sudden I hear my DD screaming OH NO!!! DAD STOP!! Turns out that I forgot to undo the thread that was in the quilt. The thread went around the corner of my sewing room, down the hall, upstairs through the kitchen, around the corner to the Living room, out the front door, down the steps and then along the sidewalk to the driveway and then wrapped around the car to the back where it was hanging out of the car with the hatch door down!! :lol:

When I got to my friend's house later the bobbin was completely empty! We all had a great laugh about that!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe you had to have been there.......... :lol:
    Oh my, I have been there. My spool of thread fell off the machine as I left my condo. Most of what happened to your bobbin thread happend to my top thread. The main difference was, I got into the elevator in my building with my machine and my sewing supplies and while I was riding down 3 flights I noticed this odd piece of thread hanging across the elevator doorway that I had just entered. The tread never broke, just kept unwinding as the elevator went down. I finally realized what happened and retraced my steps. Found the spool right near my condo door, still had some thread on it. Really funny.

LOL hope you had more thread.

Thanks for the visual and the hearty laughter this afternoon!

A good one sounds like something I would do

A good one sounds like something I would do

that is so cute hahaha

Whew! Thank goodness there wasn't an accident with the quilt!

Just too funny, I was picturing the whole thing as I read and laughing outloud.

Boy reading the posts on the board is better than watching TV. That is so funny and I laughed out loud.

Power Poster
    too funny.

Do you like your Flynn knock off? I have been wanting one but they are kind of expensive.

That was so funny I had to text it some of my friends who quilt

Flynn knockoff frame ::::Make it yourself there is a thread on this board that tells how thas how my husband made mine

Quote Originally Posted by Sewingyankee
    Do you like your Flynn knock off? I have been wanting one but they are kind of expensive.
    I like it so far. I haven't actually gotten to use it yet. I'm hoping for this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

ROFLMBO!! Thank you!!

Hi,
    I'm sort of new here. How do I find the thread for the Flynn Knockoff?

Look at thread Go to top of page open up search and type in search bar New homemade quilt frame On page four she gives exact details of what you need

Quote Originally Posted by Sewingyankee
    Hi,
    I'm sort of new here. How do I find the thread for the Flynn Knockoff?

Here it is. I think it is going to work great. I modified mine a bit. Put in a third hole for a pipe like the newer flynn frame has. Not sure if I will need it but thought might as well have the hole already drilled in case I want to try it that way.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-24223-1.htm

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast