Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Future BOM solutions - just bouncing ideas around here!

Quote Originally Posted by zyxquilts
    Count me in on the Confused Team... could be the 800 miles I've driven since Saturday morning... :?
    I think I could go for 2 BOMs, and popsicle sticks & silly putty sound fun.
    I'm not too good with the glitter tho', gets everywhere.
    And at this point, there is a good possibility that #19 will be a 9-patch.

currently in El Paso, TX....
    8)
    sue
    I was thinking of a 9-patch squared. The imp of the engineer in me.

tim in san jose

Tim wrote: I was thinking of a 9-patch squared. The imp of the engineer in me.

OMG :!: :!: :!:
    An EIGHTY-ONE patch????!!!!!!
    IIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK
    I'm calm now.
    Mine will be HUGE.

sue

count me in for whatever you all decide. I'll go with the majority, whatever it may be.

If you don't all wanna be doing 12" Hawaiian applique blocks when we get to whatever the heck my number is in this crazyness--all you stop drivin' me nutz!!!! :roll:

Well......sounds like we have plenty of options to choose from...check your stashes folks! Can hardly wait to get started on any of the options. Just one question......Silly putty??? LOL

well we've got plenty of "silly" for sure LOL

How how how long does a regular BOM last? I'm guessing 12 months. What if, after 12 months (if I'm correct on that one), a quilt is made? Keep on going, just make a quilt with every 12 BOM's??? (or even 16 months for 4 rows of 4 blocks???)
    So, I'm just keeping to the topic (for once)..."Just bouncing ideas around here".

Blog Entries
    Typical BOM programs run for 12 months. However, can anybody say we are a "typical" bunch of folks around here? I think NOT. LOL

How quickly you develop a finished top is up to you. Consider the clever girl who made a whole quilt using just the Frolic block from April. Will you use just the BsOM? Will you do as I plan and add alternating blocks to frame the BsOM and expand the layout design? How big will you make each block? Do you want a wall hanging? A lap quilt? Bed size? Pillows? Table Runners and Place Mats?

I'm shooting for a nap sized sampler as a gift to a friend. I'm making each block using two or three different methods and color schemes. When one top feels "done" it'll be done and the next set of blocks will go into something else.

Because we are picking for each other and not swapping what we make, we don't have to worry about specific anything. Ain't it cool? :P

It doesn't really matter how long the BOM runs. I love it. I don't have a lot of time to set the blocks into a quilt right now, anyway. I've actually thought of making a 2-sided quilt with all my BOMs? I really don't know. I can wait forever, well, maybe not THAT long, but ....I'm just having fun.

why are we making this so complex? if we post 2 blocks a month is not that enough? I am so confused and have no idea what has been going on. I sometimes feel that I have to spend every minute on line to keep up. Pleassssse lets keep it simple.

I think two a month....it will amaze everyone how fast two weeks goes by! So then being as I am next on the list, I would pick my block on the 15th of this month and whoever is after me on the list would pick their block on the 1st of next month.....am I right?

I cast my vote for two blocks per mo. sounds like a happy medium to me. I also vote not to designate any particular "type" requirements on either one. It only makes sense that ea. block has it's own thread. Of course some of us will wait a little longer to post a Block but, that's all the more time to be creative, I say.

Since we're already giving poor Admin. fits, does anyone else feel a need/desire for more emoticons. I'm w/ Patrice in her wish for that little Fall On The Floor Laughing figure. :lol: ( :twisted: Or should we start a New thread for this Subject)?

Oh!, to mellowyellow I noticed your question about color scheme in making blocks that go together. That of course is entirely at your discretion. I myself intend to do more than one sample of ea. block. One in a set of complimentary colors and another in whatever cries out to me at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltnurse
    why are we making this so complex? if we post 2 blocks a month is not that enough? I am so confused and have no idea what has been going on. I sometimes feel that I have to spend every minute on line to keep up. Pleassssse lets keep it simple.
    yeah, that's enuf. I hope it wasn't my post that brought this up, if so, I'm sorry. I'm just as confused as can be. I was just thinking...
    I haven't even looked at the directions for April since the day it was posted. :(
    I've been so busy with the kids. They've been sick, and I got it, too. i have to give the baby breathing treatments 3 x a day.
    My head is spinning from all that's been going on. All I wanna do is shut myself in my room and make something!!!!

Blog Entries
    no worries. the april stuff will still be there whenever you get around to it. and i have it all, too, so even less reason to worry.
    ;-)

I made a folder just for the BOM's so if I want another one I know right where to go

Blog Entries
    time for a little review and synopsis, i think. might turn out to be a bit like herding squirrels, but what the heck. LOL

i'm sensing a general preference for bumping it up to 2 blocks per month. some say both on the first. others suggest 1st and 15th.

i am still very concerned that we don't confuse and terrorize the many who are content with one. i ain't the boss o' nobody h'yar but i do feel strongly that we ought to leave the original BOM alone and think "additional" not "changed".

so how about an experiment ...

Since Country Quilter is next in line for the original (BOM #1), and seems tickled by the possibility of not having to wait until May, can we agree that she should feel free to post on the 15th of this month ... in a separate thread (BOM #2) that makes clear we aren't trying to press any unwilling players into the additional game?

since Ruth says she prefers to just watch and not pick, Norah would be next in line for the 1st of May for BOM #1. (assuming we haven't given her a nervous breakdown by then. LOL)

that gives us another month from now to think and haggle details without overstressing any who want to stick to one per month.

i think.

(yes, Admin, please do give us a fainting Emoticon. i feel a real swoon comin' on. LOL)
    :mrgreen: :shock: :? :lol:

Patrice
    That sounds good to me. I'm all for it.

thats sounds good to me sort of like having 2 seperat BOM.

then post pics to aproprriate thread BOM1 or BOM2

soooooo now we are up to 3 blocks a month?
    QN/daphne

I agree. Two blocks. Separate threads. 1st or 15th is all good., Glitter maybe. Pop-cycle-sticks, I'm trying to visualize. Orange rinds, I think not! But I DO really want more EMOTICONS! PPPPPPlease....!

Sounds good to me. I'll be ready, if it's a go.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltnurse
    soooooo now we are up to 3 blocks a month?
    QN/daphne
    not sure, to tell you the truth. i know we have BOM#1, posting only once per month, on the 1st

the [experiment] for BOM#2 starts on the 15th of Apr with Country Quilter's post.

Norah posts to BOM#1 on the 1st of May. Whether we post again to BOM#2 on the 1st or wait until 15 May remains to be discussed.

i think.

:shock: :mrgreen:

OK I'm still in

I don't think the 1st or 15th is all that important. If both are posted on the 1st then they are available anytime one is ready and also they will still be there on the 15th.; Right?! We all know the important Point is weather or not we are having fun, feeling inspired and learning new stuff. Misty's BOM idea turned out to be quite an attention getter. We obviously all loved it! So now the Question is? How much more of a good thing can we handle? It's just simply a matter of kicking the speed up on the frequency of new Block's. At this point I believe the major Q to ask is if the person next in line is ready to post? Since it is sooner than the block would have originally been due to post. Maybe we should ask her what she would prefer. We wouldn't want to inadvertently stress anybody out, would we? :? :roll:

Well, when I posted my thoughts, I stated the 1st and the 15th as I figured it would be something to look forward to twice a month instead of just once... its not up to me..... and whoever it is that makes this decision, just let me know...I am ready to post on the 15th if thats what you want me to do. Makes no nevermind to me or nothing!!! :)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast