Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FW sewing machine and Table at Yard Sale

Blog Entries

FW sewing machine and Table at Yard Sale

I wanted to explain about the post I made yesterday...They were buying the FW and table, because the husband wanted the table...the wife didn't want the FW...I'm sorry that I didn't explain myself, I don't want to hurt anyone's feeling or for people to think I would steal something..I'm very sorry.

Well then, congrats on your great score!! Hope you have many happy sewing hours at your FW!

No Wories, all is good. You know how you were blessed with the F.W. use it in good health and a clear consious. People are too quick to judge!
    Tammy

I read through your original post twice and didn't see a problem. We are often so excited to tell a story that we leave out details- even minor ones.

You might want to add this info onto the other thread, so that the readers can see that.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Blog Entries
    My apologies then. I hope you enjoy your new treasures.
    Janome D1822/Janome 4618LE/1946 Singer 15-91 in original cabinet
    Bailey 17 Pro/Grace Original GMQ Frame with No-Flex carriage upgrade

I agree with AUQuilter. All sounded good.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations! Enjoy them.
    Happy Quilting.

That man didn't want a table with a cutout, anyway. It worked out for both of you. : ) I'm so excited for you.

Uh huh...your story quickly changes.

Blog Entries
    When I read your post, I kind of wondered about that. Congratulations on your great find!

Yay for you! And my sis-in-law says congratulations too! (I'm at her house, reading posts to her even though she hasn't asked me to.)

I thought it was something like that. You did say they were commenting on several other items after you spoke to them. If it were me, I would have done the same thing. Sometimes you know from a person's body language whether or not to make an offer. And I could tell from the way you wrote you weren't the cut-throat type.
    https://quiltdasher.blogspot.com

I like to make lists. I also like to leave them laying on my sewing table and then guess what's on the list while at the fabric store. Fun game.

Honestly I don't see what all the fuss is about. How many times does someone write that they just got a FW for $15 (or some other low price) and all we hear are congratulations. If they're going to criticize you then they should also criticize all the people who didn't inform the seller of the true "value" of the FW. Or substitute any other commodity being sold at garage sales, antique stores, etc. The first man bought the FW from a willing seller, and so did you. End of story.

I read your original post and I did'nt see anything wrong with what you did, I was thrilled for you!! People are too quick to judge! Congratulations again!!!

Honey if that wife had wanted that sewing machine she would never have let him sell it to you without an all out fight so you were meant to get that machine Don't apologize to anyone You didnt steal it He made over a 200% profit Enjoy that machine

Please..please... members.... don't be so quick to judge. The printed word isn't all we imagine it to be. In years bygone...we said I won't believe it unless I see it in print.... BUT... in LIFE.... if you have ever experienced what the press can print for the world to see... compassion... now that's the word that I would like engraved on my tombstone!

Power Poster
    Oh my goodness!

Jim
    I just read this and had to look for the orignal post. I didn't see anything wrong with what you did. Seems the couple were happy with the profit, regardles of who you asked.If the wife wanted it she would have expressed it. I am amazed at the responses that seemed so cutthroat. I tend to see the goodness in people rather than to automatically think everyone is evil.I think you got a great deal and so did they...congrats!!!
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort :lol:

congrats on your score.I am sorry that people jump to the worst conclusion without fully understanding the story.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

Count me in with those that didn't see anything wrong. I am sorry people are so quick to judge.

Congratulations on your new lady and enjoy!

Well its just amazing to me how some folks will read things one way and others will read it another. I would have never even thought that a member of our boards would do something underhanded like that. So I personally just thought "grats" to you on your find. But for all the folks that read it the wrong way I guess its a good thing you clarified it for them. I always try to see the best in folks, and not the worst.
    Amythyst

Blog Entries
    Gosh, nn2stiches, you are being a little harsh. Let's enjoy didi's good fortune and accept that we weren't part of the negotiations so we can only access the outcome, not the actions. DIDI - enoy your new machine. I love mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by n2stitches View Post
    Uh huh...your story quickly changes.

Some people are so quick to judge. Taught me a lesson in how and what I will post in the future. Sure hope you enjoy the FW.

Quote Originally Posted by wolph33 View Post
    congrats on your score.I am sorry that people jump to the worst conclusion without fully understanding the story.
    xxxx2! Enjoy your find!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast