Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Gah!! >

Gah!!

Gah!!

Old 03-03-2011, 05:48 AM

You all reinforce me! I am so forgetful that it makes me crazy. My ex husband use to dump all responsibilites on me and it would make me nutz. I wanted his support of sharing 'where to put' and 'how to keep things'. We were stationed over seas and he told me to keep his mass of keys. My inclination, at that moment, was to just chunk them out the window. I've even had goofy dreams where I've done things like that. Makes me think I'm a hidden maniac. Who would chunk keys that held the opening to homes, shops, cars and important stuff. I dont' think I did but that was in about 1983 or 4 and to this day, they have never been found!!!!!! Did I or Didn't I ???? So, I misplace, loose and forget so much that the fog is starting to seem ordinary. Scarey, isn't it. I've begun using some safety pins with color codes on them so I can have some idea what the item it is in was intended for. I keep a list of the colored safety pins with their catagories in my sewing box. Hope you find your place and life doesn't swallow you as it has me.

Blessings, Ruth
Old 03-03-2011, 05:48 AM
Banned

My experience is that I always find lost stuff when I'm searching for something else; which, of course, I don't find.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:59 AM

I've gotten to the point that my memory really stinks. I use Notetab Standard for my text files and it has a thing called an .otl file, where you can have a bunch of different headings listed over to the left and you can click on a heading and whatever is there opens up. I use an .otl file and put a heading for each thing I want to remember.

If it's something that I want to remember to do, I email myself with the day and a few words about what I have to do in the subject line, and if I have to go into detail, I just put that in the body of the email. I make it a point to keep that email as unread til I get it done so it'll be in bold type.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:03 AM

First off ... love the new fabrics. Secondly, you are not alone. I always put things in a very safe place ... problem is where I thought that safe place was at the time LOL. You'll probably find it when you are looking for something else. Either way, it sounds like a fun project so don't forget to post pics.

Susan
Old 03-03-2011, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Karen's Kreations
This may sound a bit odd but it works - I went to a workshop several years ago that addressed how our brain works and what we 'tell it'. For example, if you say to yourself, 'I lost my keys', chances are it will take you forever to find them because you've told your brain they're lost. Instead ask yourself 'where did I put my keys' or even, 'I'm going to find my keys. I've been using this ploy for years now and it does work when you put a positive spin on something. I've located all sorts of things I had misplaced - including fabrid, notions, etc. Good luck.....
Thanks Karen, I'm going to try this when I get home! :)
Old 03-03-2011, 06:24 AM

The last time I lost something that I searched and searched for...it was in the pile where I keep tax records and medical stuff. Who would have thought two yards of fabric could hide in a stack of papers?

Of course, my sewing room also houses my computer and files...I guess it is not so unlikely that the two should mingle once in a while?
Old 03-03-2011, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by wyckedquilter
Originally Posted by cjomomma
S soon as you get the new one done the old one will magically appear.
Lol..that's my thoughts exactly! :)
Thought so too! :-P
Old 03-03-2011, 07:32 AM

The most frustrating is when you go to get something, confident that you know where it is, and it's NOT there. Someone else mentioned thinking "where would I put this (whatever) if I had it in my hands now", this usually works
for me too. Sometimes I ask myself, "now where would I be if I were a _______?
Old 03-03-2011, 07:43 AM

I am just like mrspete and jeaninmaine. I loose evry thing and can't remember much either. Ask me what happend 30+ years ago I know all the details. Ask me what happend last month, I have forgotten alot of it. Yep, getting older is wild! LOL!
Old 03-03-2011, 02:50 PM

Bonnie, wait til you get to be my age. The funny part is that I was just as bad when I was a kid. I've never had a good memory.