Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Garden Jane by Deelost >

Garden Jane by Deelost

Garden Jane by Deelost

Old 01-02-2011, 07:57 PM

Life interferes with quilting. I had to cram some tax info for a class. I'm glad that I didn't wait to start..........but the three sandwiched blocks must be quilted to stay on track,. and fourth block completed....Stop one block a day means I'm ahead of schedule!
Old 01-03-2011, 05:17 AM

Hurray! I knew you could do it! What a woman! I'm never going to try to race with you! I'm the plod along turtle who gets there eventually, but I take my own sweet time. I am very Proud of you for being ahead of schedule so that the things of life that always get in the way couldn't throw you off.
Again I say HURRAY! HURRAY! HURRAY!
Old 01-03-2011, 05:21 AM

Thanks, but I feel guilty for not sewing yesterday at all! I'll make up today I promise. LOL
Old 01-03-2011, 06:37 AM
Power Poster

Maybe you need to look at the schedule and not judge whether you are On or Off schedule until every week's end. That way you won't be frustrated everyweek. Did you allow yourself any "catch up" time in your schedule?

I know when we did the Jane schedule, we had a "catch up" every 6 weeks or so. I used the time to "get ahead" when I knew life things would be taking time away from quilting....like garden planting time, holidays, vacations, family visits...etc..
Old 01-03-2011, 08:29 AM

That sounds like a wonderful idea! You are a bit rough on yourself. It's all right to want to finish something and to set yourself a time goal; but you must still be able to keep it fun - that is most important! If you keep beating yourself up each time you have to stop to do something else - like schoolwork - you soon will find this challenge has become a chore, maybe even the whole thought of quilting will seem a chore. That would be disastrous, not only for you, but for those around you who might have learned to love quilting through your love of quilting. Remember, please, to keep it FUN!
Old 01-03-2011, 01:19 PM

Good suggestion. I'll use Sunday as my catchup day. I quilt to relieve stress, so if I don't sew .............. its stressed or desserts! And I can't use the extra pounds.......