Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
In General deals? >

In General deals?

In General deals?

Old 11-02-2019, 08:00 PM

I don’t know much about Innovas, but if you are going with the 10 foot frame, ask if the frame has an optional 2 foot add on for down the road. I started with a 10 foot frame when I had a queen sized bed. When we switched to a king, I had to buy a new frame because my old one didn’t have an option to add on. If you can do the 12 foot frame, I highly recommend it. Most of my family has king beds now.
Old 11-02-2019, 09:02 PM

I started out with a computerized 16 inch throat on my used long arm. I upgraded to a computerized Q'nique 21.

Personally, I cannot imagine quilting on a computerized long arm with a 9" throat. Yes, I am spoiled - but I have health issues that limit the time I can a spend doing the actual quilting, so the larger throat has become a 'must have', not a "really want".

When you are ready to buy a long arm, Take a look at used aka pre-owned long arm set ups. You can get some real deals.
Old 11-03-2019, 05:00 AM

I can't relate to LA buying or quilting but will say "ck out Flr model Sales" That's how I bought my first Emb/Sewing Husq SE 7500 down to 4500 w/few class hrs on it. I've had that machine since 2007 and have learned to quilt with it.
I'm not very good at FM by DM but when I do some I do it on my Singer vintage 301, just seems to handle better then newer machines for me.
I was satisfied with my SE until Husq came up with the new larger throat EPIC w/tons of bells and whistles...Normal price 15,000...Boy did I want that machine to do larger quilting areas since larger hoops but I waited and waited a few yrs and watched each time a sale came up. I waited just long enough(new model coming out) for a sale that offered a trade in of any other Husq machine for a 5000 discount. I just happened to have and old obsolete basic emb machine I also bought in 2007 that only worked on Windows XP...so you can imagine when the last time I used it. They accepted that as a trade in and my Epic is getting allot of use quilting my quilts.... Have you thought of a sit down Sweet Sixteen if your good at FM...1000's less then a LA, my friend invested in one and loves it.
Old 11-03-2019, 08:12 AM

I think if you are serious about a longarm go for it and enjoy.