Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
gingher scissors >

gingher scissors

gingher scissors

Old 09-04-2013, 03:47 PM

I like the Gingher lightweight ones with the plastic handles. I couldn't cut with the true left handed metal ones. They are around here somewhere, but not in use.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:53 PM

I have two pair of Gingher scissors - the 8 " and a small pair for applique. Everyone in my family knows they are NOT to use ANY of my scissors for anything. I'm the only one allowed to touch the fabric scissors. My husband was going to cut paper with them one day - I asked if he would like me to use his electric drills - he promptly put my scissors down.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:56 PM

I have a 4inch pair of kai scissors and like them very much I have heard some good reviews about them http://www.kaiscissors.com/
Old 09-04-2013, 04:00 PM

I've found some great prices for Gingher scissors on EBay. I love the 5" with sleeve.

Sheri
Old 09-04-2013, 04:07 PM

I love my Ginghers. I have the 8" shears and the 5" trimmers. I love it that they are sharp clear to the tip.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:19 PM

Don't have any myself but agree with others that JoAnn's with a coupon is probably the hot tip. Personally, I have a pr of singer scissors that have a fine serated/pinking edge. I LOVE these scissors. These are left overs from garment days. In the 40 years I've owned them, have never needed sharpening; work great on any fabric. Have some long and short fiskars, which, honestly, are great. Also got a box set of 5" and 7" scissors from a warehouse going-out-of-business deal. Don't know brand, but these thinks are the cat's patootey! Except for the singers, don't really pay attention to whether I am cutting fabric or paper...doesn't seem to matter. Read elsewhere ages ago that paper does not dull scissors. Can't disagree. Paper clips on the other hand.....
Old 09-04-2013, 04:58 PM

I have a pair purchased at Joanne's years ago and so can't remember the price. Don't think they were more than $20. They have black plastic exterior/handles and are very light. They're wonderful. They're the only pair I hide! :-)
Old 09-04-2013, 05:00 PM

I have the 8" bent handle shears, and a pair of 4" Gingher scissors...also have the pinking shears. They are pricey, but worth it...I really like the sharpness of the scissors.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Banned

I highly recommend you send Gingers back to the company. The cost is minimal and they come back like new.
I had mine shapened at the local quilt shop with a
"scissors man" and he ruined them. He filed off the point. I sent them back and believe I got a new pair as replacement. So my recommendation is ONLY have Gingher sharpen/repair them.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:29 PM
Power Poster

I have the little thread snappers and the golden handle ones (large 8 in. ?) I like both but the big ones are heavy. I looked on amazon for the cheapest ones and ordered online.