Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gingher

You'll never need any other scissors. I've had a pair(s) of all shapes and sizes, Ginghers that is, all are wonderful.

I love my Ginghers! They were all a 25th wedding anny gift from DH almost 20 years ago...a pair of every Gingher avaiable at the time. My Mother and Sisters thought I was crazy for bawling like a baby over such a gift.

I would be excited too!

I have two pairs, one is the small snippers and the regular scissors. I love Ginghers!!!!! They cut like butter!

Quote Originally Posted by lauriejo
    Congratulations! I love my Ginghers, they were a gift from my mom. DH & DS don't get it, but know not to touch them!
    My daughter gave me a pair. I had to hide them after I caught my hubby using them to cut plastic strapping off a package.

Blog Entries
    Love mine!! But - you CAN cut fingers with 'em.

i love my gingher scissors

Ha! we get excited? when my DH gets a new tool for his shop, he practically sleeps with it for a week!

Everyone around here knows they better not touch my Ginghers. I'll break their fingers.

That is awesome. I just ordered two pair(a small one and the big one). I've heard they are great. I'll rave about them when they show up.

JoAann's had a 30% off sale on the Gingher scissors last weekend so I purchased a couple different sizes. They do cut well.

Blog Entries
    I'll just bet he gets excited about his tools or things for his favorite hobby. Congrats. You will enjoy them. I've had a pair for at least 30 + years, come to think of it. I didn't realize they were that old, but they still work like new. I love mine.

when i first started quilting, i was startled by how much things for quilting cost that i started looking for bargains, coupons, sales....but the one thing i paid full price for was a good pair of gingher scissors....and i am soooo glad i did.....gina

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I just LOVE my Gingher scissors...all 8 pairs of them..I have all sizes!

Did you hear that Gingher has sold out to Havel?

:oops: :roll: never heard of them.. will have to look it up. Sure learning a lot from all of you.. ;-) Thanks. I have to use you all for my quilting guild LOL :oops: :lol:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nanquilt
    Did you hear that Gingher has sold out to Havel?
    Have not heard that, so sent a note off asking them. I found NO info on google about it either!

I do know that Gingher.US is working through Sonoma cutlery.

Blog Entries
    I was lucky enough to get a 5 of their little snip scissors, 3 sm. ones in the black sheath and 2 curved ones in sheaths. They were only $4.00 ea. and a pair of reg.la ones and a pinking ones for $6.00. All New!!! I just love them. I found them at a hugs Flea Market [Jockey Lots] here in Anderson, SC. I have gotten thousands of card stickers and every thing you can imagine for card making.Love the little Bumble Bee scissors.[get those for $4 each.] I haven't been there in a couple of months because I had surgery one a heel and this place is giant to walk around I just love GREAT BUYS!!!.

Quote Originally Posted by MommaDorian
    Here is a picture of them. lol My hand is in the picture to show some size perspective. :)
    I love this size of your little scissors. I have a sm. pr. on the stick on hook on the end of my sewing mach. & another in my cutting area.

I treated myself to a pr. of Ginghers a few yrs. ago but didn't use them until recently because I found them to be so heavy. Once I started & discovered how nicely they cut, I use them all the time.

You are so fortunate to have found these wonderful scissors at such a low price. Value them as they are becoming extinct as Ginghers and will have the name of Havel on future Gingher scissors, but never fear. I recently bought five inch Havel embroidery scissors to use with appliques in the hoop. They are curved and make trimming a breeze.

Congratulations! When I go to Gresham, Oregon during my Easter break at the end of April I plan on buying a pair of Gingher, they are wonderful scissors.

Quote Originally Posted by MommaDorian
    I got a new pair of Gingher scissors in the mail yesterday. I won a GC in one of the shop hops, so I bought them. I am so excited!! I was showing them off to dh, he just laughed at me. The things we quilters get excited about!!

at xmas i received a gift from one of Santa's Elfs and in the box was a small pair of Gingher scissors. i took them out of the box and looked at them and realized that i had 2 very old pairs just like that (very old, my GMs). which no one is allowed to even touch. i cried because i loved those scissors but could not use them. they are the ones that curve at the end. they are wonderful. i have lots of old stuff like that and they are in safe keeping.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2