Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
GO! AccuQuilt Fabric Cutter >

GO! AccuQuilt Fabric Cutter

GO! AccuQuilt Fabric Cutter

Old 06-08-2011, 08:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Originally Posted by jaciqltznok

use the search field on this forum for not on the Accuquilt, or the Go, but for the new Sizzix, big shot pro....

You will go for the Sizzix I am sure....much better quality/value, easier to use!

A guild member has the Sizzix and when she brings it to our guild workshops and I bring my Go, everyone wants to use the Go. The Sizzix is nice but the Go seems to be the member favorite to use. It's hard to find a store that has all the different brands to try out.
is it the little sizzix or the big shot pro? quite a bit of difference in them. but both are easier to use!

there is a website you can watch comparisons done on ALL the cutters...
it is i have a notion dot com
this forum does not like her links so you have to type it in as a link. she shows amazing stuff even with the electronic cutters!
Old 06-08-2011, 08:48 AM

LOve mine
Old 06-08-2011, 08:49 AM

Love mine
Old 06-08-2011, 09:20 AM

I just bought one last month....I think I found the best price I have every seen.. .I got it for $173.00 off of Amazon.com ...I was debating on whether or not to purchase one when I found it for this price...wow ...have not every seen it that low so I had to stop debating and buy it..I made 100 applique stars in a bout 30 minutes.

it was awesome!
Old 06-08-2011, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by junenj
Hi!

New here and looking to get back into quilting after a long hiatus. I guess life got in the way and now I'm back! I have more fabric than any one person should admit to- lol.
I was looking into purchasing a GO! Fabric Cutter. Anyone have one? Pros/Cons? I know they're kind of expensive but today's my birthday and I just might buy myself 1. They seem too good to be true...Any thoughts and input would be helpful.
Thanks!

June
Hi June,

Welcome to the board. Here is a link to a post I did resently about how little fabric is wasted: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-126861-1.htm

I just love mine. It is very easy to use. I think it is worth the investment. I already have 35 dies and just ordered for more yesterday from their website. If you are going to buy one and dont mind waiting for it to come by mail I would see if it is worth it to signup on their website for their points program and purchase it there that way you will get the points to use toward future purchases. You get 1 point for very dollar you spent and when you spend them 50 points are worth $1. Plus you get points for doing reviews and free shipping for orders over $99. But only do this if you cant find a better deal somewhere else. I hope you get one, I know you will love it. It is such a time saver. If you do get one let me know what you think of it.

Robyn
Old 06-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Power Poster

I order a lot from I Have A Notion. Great prices and great customer service. I've never been able to link that site here though. It won't post the link at all. Here is the link to the site: You'll have to type it in link form:

ihaveanotion . com

Kelly has a great blog too. She reviews everything she sells and posts about it.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:41 PM

I've only had mine for a couple of months, but I love it already. I looked at it for a long time and finally bought it for myself when I got a terrific price. Since then I've been buying the dies and they get a tad pricey. The time the GO has saved me and the aching back of cutting days is well worth the investment. Also all the free patterns on the AccuQuilt site make it even more fun.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:51 PM

I got one about two months ago. Then had carpal tunnel surgery and haven't been able to use it. But a couple of my friends have used it and love it. So I know I will love it. I got mine on Ebay for 198.00. I also buy the dies on Ebay. The other day this gal got one for 195.00. So just watch. Good luck in your bidding.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:56 PM

I have the sizzix but haven't tried it out yet, supposedly the big sizzix is alot sturdier than the accuquilt from what i have heard, but haven't tried my small one yet. Either way they are both expensive. sizzix dies are a little cheaper than the accuquilt I have noticed. Just something to consider. I'm saving up for the 21/2 strip dies for the sizzix.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:36 PM

Love mine!! Lots quicker!