Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Go! Fabric Cutter >

Go! Fabric Cutter

Go! Fabric Cutter

Old 04-30-2009, 06:48 AM
Power Poster

Accuquilt has .99 shipping for Mother's Day on all orders.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:46 AM

I went to the yahoo group. com to search for the accuquiltgo forum and could not get them to pull it up. Do you have more information on this.
I have purchased the go and dies from Shoppers Rule. At the time I bought them, they had FREE shipping. Boy! That sure save a lot. Can't wait to start a project.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:02 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by grannypjb
I went to the yahoo group. com to search for the accuquiltgo forum and could not get them to pull it up. Do you have more information on this.
I have purchased the go and dies from Shoppers Rule. At the time I bought them, they had FREE shipping. Boy! That sure save a lot. Can't wait to start a project.
Sorry, in my initial post I gave the wrong name for the group. The correct name is accucutquilters
Old 04-30-2009, 12:03 PM
Power Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/accucutquilters/
Old 05-01-2009, 01:21 PM

OK, I just bought one for $280 on Shoppers Rule. My offer was accepted but dang... makes me wonder how low of an offer would be accepted.

Free shipping in the US too. I guess that's not bad. every place else sells it for $349 so that's a $70 savings. Can buy other dies with that.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:27 PM

Check Shopper's Rule again. They did have the dies at a better price
Old 05-01-2009, 01:41 PM

I saw them there. I want to look at the next quilt I have planned to make sure what size the HSTs are before I order any dies. The pattern is all HSTs except for some background around the outsides.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:44 PM

Oh, Pam, I'm jealous. Would you let us know how you like it? I really want one, but need to sock the money away with each paycheck. How soon will you get it?
Old 05-01-2009, 02:04 PM

It says it will ship in 1 to 3 business days and they'll email tracking info when it ships.

I really hope there is a die for the size I need for the next quilt. I didn't look forward to all the cutting. I need something quick in between harder designs and I was thinking of doing a jelly roll quilt before the HST one. I have a book of jelly roll patterns and they are so simple but pretty.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Prism99
Originally Posted by tslowery
I would like one of these real bad but with my luck I would sew them wrong not 1/4 perfect and then everything will off from my sewing and then that money would be wasted cut straight sewn wrong. Geezz :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Well, what I do is rotary cut strips of moleskin (a thick foam adhesive for foot blisters, sold in pharmacy foot sections) and stick one on my machine at a perfect scant 1/4 inch. I usually use one of my rulers, place the needle tip on the scant 1/4-inch mark, make sure the ruler edge is straight with the machine's edge and throat plate, lower the presser foot, and stick the moleskin down right along the ruler's edge. I don't use a short strip either; I use the longest strip I can to both the front and back of the pressure foot to remind me to feed the fabric in straight.

On my machine, I have to move the needle position one space to the right to get the 1/4-inch seam and, when I turn off the machine, it reverts to the regular position. After forgetting to move that needle once too often, I learned to place a piece of masking tape over the knob to remind me the next time I sit down to piece.

Works for me! :D
Love your masking tape reminder - I need that. I've also put a sticky note reminder UNDER my sewing foot.