Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Go! Fabric Cutter

Anyone have this? It is the first I have heard of it. I looked at the online demo and it seems like it would cut those hard shapes really fast and easy. I know I hate cutting!

http://www.accuquilt.com/InventoryD....4-BE8917F5AE01

Blog Entries
    I have it and there are some posts here about it. I love mine. I was having problems with pain after cutting with a rotary cutter. This ellimantes all that. And the cuts are accurate, not one thread difference between the fabric cuts. All dog ears are cut off too.
    The dies are sized to interchange with any size block divisible by 2. The Tumbler block is my favorite. New dies are coming out soon. I hope a Drunkard Path or DWR or Applecore The bigger model is the Studio. It has more die shapes available and is good for mass production of cuts. I sew fabric scraps together and cut out block pieces. It's great for using scraps.

I've been looking at that for quite awhile, but have come to the conclusion it is too expensive for me at this time. :(

Blog Entries
    There is an accuquilt group by that name at http://groups.yahoo.com that has a lot of good information about the Go! That's where I learned about Shopper's Rule. I put in a bid and got a go! from SR for $280 with free shipping. Also found dies and mats online for 20% off and free shipping. This made the system much more affordable for me. (Actually, I bought it for my disabled sister to use but I will be using it too.) Haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I am looking forward to it.

Prism, would you let us know how you like it? If I could find a good deal on one, I may be interested.

I was looking at one today. That is one of the most time consuming parts, cutting out several hundred, if not thousands, of pieces.

The next quilt I have in line to make is ALL HSTs that I will do in squares and sew two at a time. If I could cut all those squares quickly and easily, I would be in heaven.

What is Shoppers Rule?

I got a Go! Cutter last week -- and I'm in love!! I've already ordered a couple more dies (which should be here tomorrow afternoon). As far as I'm concerned, this is the best invention since toilet paper.... :wink:

OMG, Sewjoyce!!! Best thing since toilet paper? I GOTTA get one, then :lol: Where did you get yours? I can't imagine how much easier and faster it would be using it.

I got mine from accuquilt.com -- probably could have gotten it cheaper someplace else but when I finally decided to place my order, I was put on a 4 week waiting list!!! Right now they are offering 99 cent shipping so this would be a great time to order...

I can even cut perfect blocks sitting down....(wonder if I could get these people to pay me for advertising???)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
    What is Shoppers Rule?
    http://www.shoppersrule.com

Instead of purchasing at their listed price, you can submit a bid on an item and they will either accept it or come back with a counter-offer. Someone posted on the accuquilt list that they had put in a very low bid and SR came back with $280 for the Go!, so I bid $250 and got it for $280 with free shipping. Since they restocked, someone else posted they got theirs from SR for $277 (but I can't remember if they got free shipping). SR doesn't always give free shipping, but they do run specials on it now and again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky
    Prism, would you let us know how you like it? If I could find a good deal on one, I may be interested.
    Sure! My problem is finding a big enough block of time to pick up my sister and bring her over. If I can just finish altering my daughter's prom dress (who knew she'd pick out a full floor-length dress with 5 layers of crinoline and liner underneath???), maybe I can break out the Go! and try it on some of my own fabric first.

Blog Entries
    The next quilt I have in line to make is ALL HSTs that I will do in squares and sew two at a time.
    What is Shoppers Rule?
    You can get a die for the Go! that cuts HSTs without the dog ears. I'm told you can cut 6 layers at a time, so you can layer your fabrics right sides together so the HSTs are ready to be sewn together as soon as they're cut; they're already in matched pairs with the dog ears cut off.

This sure looks tempting! :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Prism99
    The next quilt I have in line to make is ALL HSTs that I will do in squares and sew two at a time.
    What is Shoppers Rule?
    You can get a die for the Go! that cuts HSTs without the dog ears. I'm told you can cut 6 layers at a time, so you can layer your fabrics right sides together so the HSTs are ready to be sewn together as soon as they're cut; they're already in matched pairs with the dog ears cut off.
    You're making it really hard to keep thinking it's not something I NEED. :wink:

What is Shoppers Rule?
    You're making it really hard to keep thinking it's not something I NEED. :wink:

NEED has nothing to do with it :D :D

Blog Entries
    There is an accuquilt group by that name at http://groups.yahoo.com
    The name of that group is accucutquilters, not accuquilt.

I would like one of these real bad but with my luck I would sew them wrong not 1/4 perfect and then everything will off from my sewing and then that money would be wasted cut straight sewn wrong. Geezz :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tslowery
    I would like one of these real bad but with my luck I would sew them wrong not 1/4 perfect and then everything will off from my sewing and then that money would be wasted cut straight sewn wrong. Geezz :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
    Well, what I do is rotary cut strips of moleskin (a thick foam adhesive for foot blisters, sold in pharmacy foot sections) and stick one on my machine at a perfect scant 1/4 inch. I usually use one of my rulers, place the needle tip on the scant 1/4-inch mark, make sure the ruler edge is straight with the machine's edge and throat plate, lower the presser foot, and stick the moleskin down right along the ruler's edge. I don't use a short strip either; I use the longest strip I can to both the front and back of the pressure foot to remind me to feed the fabric in straight.

On my machine, I have to move the needle position one space to the right to get the 1/4-inch seam and, when I turn off the machine, it reverts to the regular position. After forgetting to move that needle once too often, I learned to place a piece of masking tape over the knob to remind me the next time I sit down to piece.

Works for me! :D

I absolutly love my Go! cutter!!!!
    I hate to cut out projects/quilts/whatever....It seems I never get them all accurately cut and then I have to remember what I am cutting and how much.
    With the GO! cutter, I have been able to cut all my scraps down to 2 1/2' sqs. and then cut out pin wheel block pieces as fast as I could cut them. I have been able to cut and piece a quilt top in an afternoon!
    I hate to cut and will be using my GO! cutter to cut out the pieces for my B&W Swap which has almost 300 2 1/2" squares for the 12 blocks.
    Yes, It was expensve but I got the GO!, the value die and all the available dies and cutting mats for 599$ plus the wire holder!
    It was a great deal to me and I really love it!
    Kirsten

When I saw it, I thought it would be something good... I was hoping you guys would have tried it. I think I am going to invest in one when I have some money! I'm going to try and go the cheap route and not that website though. They seem too expensive. Plus, I'm sure it will be on ebay soon!

Blog Entries
    Accuquilt has .99 shipping for Mother's Day on all orders.

I went to the yahoo group. com to search for the accuquiltgo forum and could not get them to pull it up. Do you have more information on this.
    I have purchased the go and dies from Shoppers Rule. At the time I bought them, they had FREE shipping. Boy! That sure save a lot. Can't wait to start a project.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grannypjb
    I went to the yahoo group. com to search for the accuquiltgo forum and could not get them to pull it up. Do you have more information on this.
    I have purchased the go and dies from Shoppers Rule. At the time I bought them, they had FREE shipping. Boy! That sure save a lot. Can't wait to start a project.
    Sorry, in my initial post I gave the wrong name for the group. The correct name is accucutquilters

Blog Entries

OK, I just bought one for $280 on Shoppers Rule. My offer was accepted but dang... makes me wonder how low of an offer would be accepted.

Free shipping in the US too. I guess that's not bad. every place else sells it for $349 so that's a $70 savings. Can buy other dies with that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast