Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Goin on a quilt shop hop!

Goin on a quilt shop hop!

It's all organized! Myself and two quilter friends are heading to Syracuse this coming Friday to check out three quilt shops and we are beyond excited! I don't NEED a thing but will undoubtedly find something I didn't realize I needed, lol! I have it all map quested and will also have my GPS and will set it to the fastest way to a quilt shop! AND we want to hit Olive Garden for supper- don't have that here in Ontario and I love it. Sooooo, let the good times roll!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Have fun. Bet you will find something you just have to have.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

Sounds like FUN!!!!!!! Maybe there are board member that would meet up with you.
    "In the crazy quilt of life, I'm glad you are in my block of friends."

Did you know there will be a quilt show in Rochester at RIT May 31, June 1-2. Lots of vendors and quilts on display. You can read about it at
    http://www.geneseequiltfest.com/
    I don't want to brag but I can still fit into the earrings I wore in high school.

Thanks for the heads up Gaga, but we are coming home the same day. We would have loved to see that show. By the way DH and I are sitting here chuckling over your note about you still fitting into your earrings!

Junior Member Happy Cat Quilter's Avatar
    Enjoy your trip! I'd be interested in knowing what quilt shops you visit and how you like them. I will be driving through Syracuse, NY in mid July and was thinking of stopping at Mission Rose Quiltery & Knittery, 456 South Main Street,North Syracuse, NY 13212. I lived in that area 20 years ago but didn't quilt then.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilts rock View Post
    It's all organized! Myself and two quilter friends are heading to Syracuse this coming Friday to check out three quilt shops and we are beyond excited! I don't NEED a thing but will undoubtedly find something I didn't realize I needed, lol! I have it all map quested and will also have my GPS and will set it to the fastest way to a quilt shop! AND we want to hit Olive Garden for supper- don't have that here in Ontario and I love it. Sooooo, let the good times roll!!!!!!
    Linda

Have fun on the shop hop. I always say I am not needing anything and not buying anything, but there is always something that catches my eye. And the way I look at it, if it is something I have not seen in the local quilt stores, I pick it up. I do not like coming home and saying....I should have bought that! Enjoy!

Power Poster
    ​Have fun, wear comfortable walking shoes and bring a nice roomy shopping bag with a shoulder strap.

I love going on a shop hop with my friend. We never "need" anything but usually find some really nice fabric we just can't leave behind. Enjoy your shop hop and dinner out!

They are so much fun to do with friends. I can always find something that excites me to bring home.