Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I'm goin' in....

Pray for me! :mrgreen: I am FINALLY ready to tackle organizing the studio!!! ACCCCK!
    I have been MIA around here, but I am ready to get back into quilting...if I could only find the stuff I was looking for in the studio...

so, off I go, to search for your collective wisdom in studio and fabric organization.....
    (the full story, plus a photo is on my blog, link below..)

Ok, first, I think I need sustenance before starting. Where is the chocolate? :XD:

Deep breath - lots of rewards on hand - go tackle it!

Blog Entries
    Chocolate and coffee/tea :D:D:D
    You will be so happy once it is all done... Are you going to take before and after pictures?
    If we don't hear from you again soon, we shall send in the troops to unbury you!!! :D:D:D

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    You will be so happy once it is all done... Are you going to take before and after pictures?
    If we don't hear from you again soon, we shall send in the troops to unbury you!!! :D:D:D
    One before. Just one. Its on my blog. I can't show more than that, as I have made a MAJOR mess in here lately its just too embarrasing....but I do have them for myself....
    to keep me honest, lol :oops:

Good luck! I just cleaned my sewing room today! And I made it out alive. :lol: :lol:

I just checked out your picture on your blog... Now granted that is just one section of your studio - but I think you can handle the job! Best of luck and make sure you post pictures of your clean, organized space. It will inspire the rest of us!

Good LUCK! I need to reorganize my stash, too, I cant find anything! I dream of a great work space, all neat and tidy, LOL!

Clean sewing room. I was gone for 3 days, and came home to a well organized sewing room. My son-in-law had gone and done a wonderful job. He has lots more patience than me. I just go stand at the door and thank God He give my daughter a great husband. He is the son we don't have. No he is not up for trade.

Quote Originally Posted by sewgull
    Clean sewing room. I was gone for 3 days, and came home to a well organized sewing room. My son-in-law had gone and done a wonderful job. He has lots more patience than me. I just go stand at the door and thank God He give my daughter a great husband. He is the son we don't have. No he is not up for trade.
    your SIL is far braver than my DH!!!!! He won't even go looking for scissors in here without calling me at work for specific directions!!!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aliaslaceygreen
    Quote Originally Posted by sewgull
    your SIL is far braver than my DH!!!!! He won't even go looking for scissors in here without calling me at work for specific directions!!!!
    My DH won't enter the room at all. This morning his toes went over the doorway/line into the sewing room and he backed out and asked me for the phillips head screwdriver. (My tools are easier to get to than his). lol

Go for it. We are all right behind you. Post pics when you are done.

Blog Entries
    If you are not out by this weekend we will gather the troops and send in help :wink: LOL They say it is worth it after it is all done , haven't tried it myself :oops: LOL

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingQueen
    I just checked out your picture on your blog... Now granted that is just one section of your studio - but I think you can handle the job! Best of luck and make sure you post pictures of your clean, organized space. It will inspire the rest of us!
    lol, that was the 'clean' section!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sharon b
    If you are not out by this weekend we will gather the troops and send in help :wink: LOL They say it is worth it after it is all done , haven't tried it myself :oops: LOL
    then aren't YOU one to encourage??? LOL :mrgreen: Better watch out, after I am done, we may need to assist you

Sadly, its going to take more than a week, as I work full time as well....

However, I DID just sort through all the ribbons and lace I have and have divested myself of about 1/3rd....

Think I will box up by light and dark and sell it cheap!

Maybe a few boxes at the PO and a few $$$ will motivate...

thanks for your encouragement!

Did you find any surprises yet?

Pam
    A hint to the wise quilter: Keep the chocolate IN the sewing room!

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    chocolate and mountain dew.

Okay. I looked at the photo and it looks like mine looks after I organize. Well, no, because the fabric has taken over the sewing room and I can't actually sew in there anymore. there is also fabric in the guest closet, and a couple (okay 5) large tubs in the living room, with one sewing machine on a table and the other on my frame. I am afraid to take photos, because it would document how much crap I have. I have gone completely insane buying barkcloth on eBay. So, boxes and boxes and piles of fabulous, vintage heavy cotton, just waiting. We need to make the house bigger....

Good luck and just remember to smile. I need to clean my sewing/office room. Its not fabric or quilting supplies that is my prob since I don't have a big stash....people just seem to throw things they don't know what to do with in there! Grrrr....

I think it would be fun to organize someone elses sewing room, all those hidden treasures...as for mine?? I can't even open the door its piled so high. I sew in the family room.

Oh my goodness, this is something I need to do and just haven't gotten the courage to start-you will be an inspiration! Good luck. Hope you find something you forgot about and will be thrilled to see it again.

Baby steps, girlfriend, baby steps.....

Put that chocolate down and charge into it. I found treasures and "what was I thinking?" items!

I quilt in a section of my living room which also houses my computer and desk, table for sewing/cutting/ironing, etc. I have items in baskets, in the TV entertainment center (the shelves and drawers), in stacks, or yea some in the basement also. Under the sewing table. Since this is the only area I have that is useful for my sewing (and other stuff) I am learning and loving it. I love all the bright suggestions and ideas that each of you share. Many thanks. Good thoughts

I will be following along for inspiration as I have to do the same thing as well. Maybe if I thought of it as a studio it would help with the organization.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast