Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Going to my first quilting show class tomorrow >

Going to my first quilting show class tomorrow

Going to my first quilting show class tomorrow

Old 10-12-2010, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Have fun!

I'm not sure what they mean by tray either but I am thinking it is the piece that hooks on to the bottom part of your machine (where the feed dogs are located) to increase the flat sewing surface of your machine? Just a wild guess but that certainly makes a difference when trying to FMQ and machine quilt. Many sewing machines come with one it is like a big U shaped unit that latches on to that bottom arm (the part of the machine you would but like a sleeve around when sewing clothes) I hope I am making sense.
I agree with you. I think it is the attachment that fits around the machine to give you a flat area for quilt to lay on.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by pjustice63
Have fun!

I'm not sure what they mean by tray either but I am thinking it is the piece that hooks on to the bottom part of your machine (where the feed dogs are located) to increase the flat sewing surface of your machine? Just a wild guess but that certainly makes a difference when trying to FMQ and machine quilt. Many sewing machines come with one it is like a big U shaped unit that latches on to that bottom arm (the part of the machine you would but like a sleeve around when sewing clothes) I hope I am making sense.
I agree with you. I think it is the attachment that fits around the machine to give you a flat area for quilt to lay on.

I also agree. Some machines will have a small tray area and some machines made for quilting will have larger tray areas.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:18 AM

I don't usually use any kind of tray for the quilting, but then I don't use rulers either. (Need to learn to do that fer sher.)
When using rulers and guides, I understand that a tray makes all the difference in the world.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:28 AM

Does anyone know of any quilting classes around Baytown,Texas? Would love to attend some.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by pjustice63
Have fun!

I also agree with you. But not all machines have them so what do you do about that?
Old 10-13-2010, 03:53 AM
Power Poster

Hope you have a great time!
Old 10-13-2010, 08:17 AM
Power Poster

Have fun and show us what you learn.