Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: going nuts here!

The reason why I haven't been posting any pictures reciently is because my machine has been sitting in the shop waiting for an adjustment. It works fine, just where you thread it is too tight and my thread shreads.

So..... hopefully I'll get it back this week. I normally get it back the same day, but the tech hasn't been in.

I'M SO BORED AND GOING THROUGH WITHDRAWALS....HELP! :lol:

Blog Entries
    So sorry your poor machine has been poorly, I hope the doctor can make it better soon, and that it comes back to you healthy and ready to go again.

Even if I'm not sewing, I miss my "baby" if she isn't right there where she should be!!! And it doesn't matter that I have lots of other things I could do (like maybe actually CLEAN the sewing room?)! (I'm sure the word "clean", when used as a verb, should be a nasty four-letter word and no one should be allowed to say it!)

This is why we should each have at least two quality machines...

I am soooo very sorry! How far away are you from NC?? I have 3 machines and could travel a bit... :wink:

Thanks, I do have another machine that I use, but I need that one because it is also my embroidery machine, and I'm waiting to finish a project.

No fun. Wishing you a quick return of your machine. :D

I am so sorry to hear this. That same thing happened to me a couple of years ago. I was making a large rag quilt, embroidering on each of the blocks... Machine 1 goes down.. locks up.. take her to the clinic and she's going to be gone for about 3 weeks.. So I am still using Machine 2..just going not so fast... within a few days, she does that exact same thing.. locks up.. I was without both machine for about a month total and I felt like I was going nuts!! Hope you get her back soon!!

Blog Entries
    Hope you get your baby back soon!!! :(

Blog Entries
    Oh...I know you miss her...hope she comes home soon. I have to take mine in this week for her annual.

Oh, how sad to be without your machine! I have to take mine in while I will be on a road trip. Praying it only needs an adjustment on the touch screen. It is off and that makes it difficult to make choices and adjustments on stitches. I should have taken it back right away when I got it home last ime. :?

Quote Originally Posted by Esqmommy
    This is why we should each have at least two quality machines...
    ROL!!!! I'm anticipating my first SS check in February. I was looking at a quilt magazine and reading up on another sewing machine. DH asked "Why do you need another one?" (I know - dumb question) I told him I needed one in case the first one broke.....just like he needs 6 fishing poles. LOL LOL LOL All he did was grunt!!!! :shock:

sewnsewer2 --- you have my sympathy!!! Wish I could help.....go eat some chocolate, maybe that'll help! :lol:

Well, just a thought. Why not start something new on your other machine? It might be feeling left out since you have been using the "other" machine. Sewing machines have feelings too you know. They need to be petted, loved and used. Saying that, after I have quilted another top, I am planning on putting my main machine in the shop to be serviced. The poor baby has been running hammer and tongs for quite awhile and I think she needs some TLC. So, I have got out my "other" machine and have been doing bits and pieces on it - just to let it know she is not forgotten LOL.

Hope you get your baby back soon, my sweet. Dianne

Banned
    big hug.... i'm just waiting til things settle down so i can buy fabric. Plus with my knee in pain, i'm mainly sitting in reclyner doing embroidery or reading. :(
    i hope you get your machine back real soon

Hope it gets fixed soon!

I hope you get it back soon, I know how that feels.

Oh Dear!!! If you lived near me I would loan you one of mine. When will he be in? I think this is why lots of us have more than one machine. We are afraid of the down time.

That is tough. Wanting to sew and no machine. Hope it comes home soon and is all better.

Quote Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
    The reason why I haven't been posting any pictures reciently is because my machine has been sitting in the shop waiting for an adjustment. It works fine, just where you thread it is too tight and my thread shreads.

So..... hopefully I'll get it back this week. I normally get it back the same day, but the tech hasn't been in.

So......sewnsewer2, are you taking this time to catch up on
    1. housecleaning
    2. reading
    3. sleeping
    4. cutting for another project/s
    5.all of the above? :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by GailG
    Quote Originally Posted by sewnsewer2

So......sewnsewer2, are you taking this time to catch up on
    1. housecleaning
    2. reading
    3. sleeping
    4. cutting for another project/s
    5.all of the above? :lol:
    Yep! :lol:

I think you will probably need a tonic to make you feel better and miss your friend less. I prescribe a trip to your lqs. That always does wonders for me : :D :D

I have a second machine which is a cheap Brother quilting machine that I found at Tuesday Morning on sale for 125 dollars.
    It sure comes in handy when my good machine is in for serviceing.

I really need to take mine in for a visit, too, but it kills me to think I'd be without it for a whole week. You're stronger than I am. :lol:

I went to Wal-Mart and bought an inexpensive Brother Sewing Machine. Just to have a back-up. I had to use it "ONCE". It made so much noise, I was afraid the parts were going to start flying all over the room. Haven't used it since!