Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Going to Paducah

Going to Paducah

Leaving in the AM for Paducah with My DD and 4 Friends.Show,shopping and sightseeing here we come.

Have a great time. Sue

Blog Entries
    Oh I'm so jealous! This will be the first time I won't get to go in years. My guild is having a retreat the same time as Paducah and I committed to that. I drive and get to Quilt in a Day first, see El's tent show and sale barn, go to Hancock's Fabric's back room, then on to the Mall vendors. Back to Hancock's to browse and visit on the porch with other quilters. Next morning I go to the Quilt Museum and see who's set up in the lobby, go to the downtown vendors, Caryl Beyer's Studio and then the Main Quilt Show. Back to Hancocks late evening. The third day I go to Rotary quilt show, Quilt in a Day downtown shop, one last stop at Hancocks and then drive home. Hancocks will bring out different items for sale all through out the day and the back room prices go down each day. Have fun!
    Got fabric?

Why couldn't this be in the summer?????? State testing is next week - no way could i even fake an illness to go!!! LOL!!
    my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)

Have a wonderful time!!

Blog Entries
    I am going also!!!!!!! We are leaving here on Tuesday and will be sleeping within a mile of Hancocks of Paducah that night in my daughters spare bedroom - YES, she lives within walking distance of Hancocks of Paducah. She gave me a gift certificate for Hancocks for Christmas that is burning a hole in my pocket!
    Nikki in MO

I leave with two friends on Monday! Save some fabric for us!
    Linda

Power Poster
    Have a great time. Will be anxious to hear about everyone's time.

Have fun everyone. Wish I was closer.

Still trying to decide if I should make the trip or not. DD is going to college in Carbondale, IL (about an hour away from Paducah) so I could visit her and do the show. Only problem is I won't be able to get down there until Thursday night. So I would do the show Friday and maybe Saturday (depending on my dd schedule.....finals are coming up).

But I know that I will kick myself in a few years when she is out of college that I didn't use this great excuse to go to Paducah, right? lol

I am envious of anyone going to the show in Paducah. It is a great time for anyone. Love love love Hancocks of Paducah and always spent mega bucks there. ITs been several years since I was there and hope to back in the future.

This is a dream trip for my sister and me. Maybe one day! Have a great time and come back with lots of fabric!

I am going too! I fly to Nashville on Tuesday, staying with DIL in Dover, TN about an hour from Paducah. First time going! Not sure what to do first or where to go. Suggestions?

Me too! I am leaving Tuesday morning. I am flying down with 5 friends from a local quilt guild. It is really exciting. This is the first time I am going to a quilt show and taking classes.

Maybe we will run across each other.
    Arlene