Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34

Thread: Going shopping

  1. #1
    Super Member Quilt4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Merrimac, MA
    Posts
    9,035
    Blog Entries
    1
    Yea HOO!!!! I got my gift card to day andI started to shop right after work. So this is what I started out with. Doing some more Friday morring.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Moderator Jim's Gem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Camarillo, California
    Posts
    35,478
    Pretty fabrics! Have you used the Mary-Ellens before? I have never tried it but have considered it.

  3. #3
    Super Member mpeters1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    1,624
    What is that Best Press stuff? I've seen it in shops, but I don't know what it's for. It looks, in the shops, like some are scented. Is this something you iron with?

  4. #4
    Super Member Shemjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Posts
    6,894
    You go girl! Whatcha gonna make? Love the soft colors! :lol:

  5. #5
    Super Member Quilt4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Merrimac, MA
    Posts
    9,035
    Blog Entries
    1
    I got a quilt class with my guild next month. We are making a rail fance star. No I have not used Mary Ellen's Best Press. But I been wanting to try it. It is spray starch. Lavender

  6. #6
    Super Member Janstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cashmere, Wa.
    Posts
    3,950
    Pretty fabs and Lavender spray starch should be fun to work with!

  7. #7
    Power Poster dreamer2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    WHERE THE SUN ALWAYS SHINES
    Posts
    10,097
    Blog Entries
    7
    LOVING THE COLORS !!

  8. #8
    Super Member henryparrish76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,581
    Blog Entries
    2
    I LOVE the Best Press stuff. I have 6 bottles here at home. :) I always buy several at a time.

  9. #9
    Super Member beachlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    6,752
    Love your fabrics. I go for those colors.

  10. #10
    Super Member sewjoyce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    9,664
    Where do you buy the Best Fresh stuff? Ironing with lavender sounds heavenly :!:

  11. #11
    Super Member henryparrish76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,581
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by sewjoyce
    Where do you buy the Best Fresh stuff? Ironing with lavender sounds heavenly :!:
    I get it from Hancocks or Joanns or my local Bernina store.

  12. #12
    Super Member sewjoyce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    9,664
    Quote Originally Posted by henryparrish76
    Quote Originally Posted by sewjoyce
    Where do you buy the Best Fresh stuff? Ironing with lavender sounds heavenly :!:
    I get it from Hancocks or Joanns or my local Bernina store.
    Thanks Henry -- I never heard of it before. Guess I need to get out of my cave more often, huh??? :lol: :lol:

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    15
    Does anyone know if the Best Press is fumy? I have a sensitivity to some chemicals, but would like to use spray starch on some projects.
    p.s. My daughter's name is Mary Ellen :)

  14. #14
    Super Member henryparrish76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,581
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by miss thimble
    Does anyone know if the Best Press is fumy? I have a sensitivity to some chemicals, but would like to use spray starch on some projects.
    p.s. My daughter's name is Mary Ellen :)
    It is not fumy. On the contrary I find it better for my sensitivity than the spray starch my grandma used to use and that I tried using when I first got started quilting.

  15. #15
    Super Member henryparrish76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,581
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by sewjoyce
    Quote Originally Posted by henryparrish76
    Quote Originally Posted by sewjoyce
    Where do you buy the Best Fresh stuff? Ironing with lavender sounds heavenly :!:
    I get it from Hancocks or Joanns or my local Bernina store.
    Thanks Henry -- I never heard of it before. Guess I need to get out of my cave more often, huh??? :lol: :lol:
    No problem :)

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    15
    Oh, thanks! I'm going to try it if I can find it online.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    15
    Off subject- Henry- i love that Sunbonnet Sue block! I make a quilt with Sue and Sam .

  18. #18
    Power Poster littlehud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    32,956
    Beautiful fabric. What is best press?

  19. #19
    Super Member henryparrish76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,581
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by miss thimble
    Off subject- Henry- i love that Sunbonnet Sue block! I make a quilt with Sue and Sam .
    Thanks! :)

  20. #20
    Super Member henryparrish76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,581
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by littlehud
    Beautiful fabric. What is best press?
    Check this out

    http://www.maryellenproducts.com/sho...8&cat=6&page=1

  21. #21
    Moderator tlrnhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the middle of a mess...
    Posts
    20,009
    Pretty fabric!

  22. #22
    Super Member quiltwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,930
    Ooh, so pretty!

  23. #23
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Alturas, CA
    Posts
    8,616
    Nice looking fabric. Please let us know how you like the Best Press. I've only heard of it, never seen it at the Hancock's or JoAnn's that I shop at.

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Port Angeles, WA
    Posts
    12,753
    Way to go.... I love the fabs

  25. #25
    Power Poster littlehud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    32,956
    Quote Originally Posted by henryparrish76
    Quote Originally Posted by littlehud
    Beautiful fabric. What is best press?
    Check this out

    http://www.maryellenproducts.com/sho...8&cat=6&page=1
    That sounds heavenly. I have to get some.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.