Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Good morning!  What is everyone working on today? >

Good morning! What is everyone working on today?

Good morning! What is everyone working on today?

Old 02-12-2011, 09:29 AM

Quilting the love seat quilt finally. The sofa one has been on for probably a month now. But I was having fun working on the pillow stars during that time so...

Then those pillows are next and some birthday and Easter runners. Not today though!
Old 02-12-2011, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by aorlflood
Not working on anything right now...sitting in the emergency room with hubby...looks like kidney stones. :(
Hope he gets well soon. My son had those a few years ago. Very painful. You will need lots of patience. Prayers for him.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:33 AM

Sun is shining but it is very windy, DH is off fishing with his gang, and I'm putting in the sashings of my interpertation of Candace Hassen's "Sonja's Windows" from the McCall's quilting "America Loves Scrap Quilts" Spring 2009 edition. This had a technique for making string blocks that I had never seen before. The blocks work up very quickly and my only delay was in deciding what color to use for the sashing I'm doing today. Top should be finished by mid-week.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by MillieH
No quilting for me today. My son and DIL are going to their Mardi Gras crewe ball tonight--their first big night out since the twin grandsons were born. Today, I'm making party foods for them to take: chocolate-covered strawberries, cheese balls, and little party sandwiches. I volunteered to do this, knowing my DIL has little time for such right night. I'm also going to their house this afternoon, in time for them to be able to get dressed without worrying about getting baby spit-up on their ball clothes--and I'm spending the night and part of tomorrow morning so they can sleep-in. I'll be having fun with the babies, and I hope they'll be having fun at the ball.
Wish I had had a MIL like you around when my offspring were small! :thumbup:
Old 02-12-2011, 09:39 AM

Our bedroom and bathroom get top priority today, altho that is NOT what I want to be doing. Club meeting this afternoon, then some fleece slippers for my hubby. He has poor circulation in his feet and they get very cold. Hope this will help.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:46 AM

I am working on a baby girl quilt making the Lucky Stars pattern in brights.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:41 AM

I was up until 1:15 this morning painting our computer room, about 1 hour ago I made a new valance for the window, just took a pizza break and now I am starting to paint the ceiling.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:50 AM

My Mystery Quilt that I will give a class on at local QS.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by MillieH
Originally Posted by clem55
Since I have been down in my back for the past week and because it is sunny today , I will try to get the house cleaned, at least a little.LOL With the sun coming in, the dust really shows.!
Light dusting is okay, but don't try a broom or a mop or you'll be back where you started--or worse--with the back pain! I have back problems off and on. Anything with a long handle gives me trouble.
Believe me, it was what my mom called a"lick and a promise" !Hubby did the floors.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by kateyb
Originally Posted by aorlflood
Not working on anything right now...sitting in the emergency room with hubby...looks like kidney stones. :(
Hope he gets well soon. My son had those a few years ago. Very painful. You will need lots of patience. Prayers for him.
Thanks. We are home now after 8 hours in the ER. He was sent home with a boatload of medicine...they are hoping he will pass the stone soon.