Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Good morning!  What is everyone working on today? >

Good morning! What is everyone working on today?

Good morning! What is everyone working on today?

Old 02-12-2011, 01:04 PM

I am finishing a quilt block swap ... from December ... which is effectively a swap with myself since I missed the deadline - my daughter called on the way to the hospital (in labor with Baby #3) just as I was finishing the last group of 5 blocks. OF COURSE there was NO time to mail these out to the swap coordinator so we just dropped it and jumped in the car. OF COURSE I was finishing it up with 30 minutes to go until the PO closed. OF COURSE I was in a rush to finish them and I made a math error in planning and ended up with twice as many blocks as planned on. OF COURSE the one time I had delusions of swapping out and getting LOTS of blocks for a real scrap quilt it didn't work out. But it'll be a nice small-ish wall hanging or ... something.

Our swap was batiks onlyonlyonly - a 6x6 finished center unit (any block pattern, any technique) with 1 1/2" strips sewn to only two of the sides (making it a finished block of 6 x 7), so that when they're pieced together two sides have a built-in border.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:16 AM

I started a quilt to throw over the back of the couch that I have been going to make for about 8 years now, so I figured it's about time don't ya' think?
Old 02-13-2011, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom
The sun is shining, we're finally going to have temperatures in the 30s and maybe in the 40s next week. :) Just thought I would see what everyone was hard at work on this beautiful day. I'm hoping to finish the two charity quilts I'm working on and play with the machine embroidery some.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Heather
Hope it will be a nice day today too. Yesterday I cleaned out the play/guest room and purged all the outgrown toys; and turned it into my auxiliary sewing room. Today I plan to use it and Mess it up some. The closet is empty and the room just looks too neat, so I will fix that in a hurry. Will work on the pinwheel project and work on QFK to get them finished.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by lvaughan
I finished 116 felt heart sucker covers on my Janome 350e for my granddaughter late last night. It took me all day, my machine was acting up. I have no idea how I fixed it or it fixed itself. Strange how a machine can start acting up for what appears no apparent reason and then start working again for no apparent reason. Today I plan to put borders on a quilt I have had in the works for weeks. I keep getting distracted with other projects.

Hello! What is a felt heart sucker cover and how do you make them? And more importantly....why so many? You are definitely a wonderful grandmother for taking this on!!!! :)
Old 02-13-2011, 04:48 AM

Working on a layout for a tshirt quilt. I ordered EQ7, but won't be in until next week. Alas, I have to do this one on graph paper! Have a great day!
Old 02-13-2011, 04:49 AM

I'm finishing some marionettes and hand puppets for our Wednesday after school program at our church. Anyone have any patterns or suggestions? Could use some suggestions for construction.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:54 AM

We had a beautiful day yesterday, melting all over the place - mainly concerned with the roof since we had it raked about a month ago and want to protect it. We just had a new roof put on last May to the tune of $5,000 (small house) and have to keep it for the rest of our lives (guaranteed for 30 years), which would put us at 102 years old and I am sure by that time, we are not going to too much care, right? We are expecting a whole week of 40 and above degree days and will lose a lot of this dirty frozen mess here and am looking forward to sunshine and thaw.

I am finishing up a baby quilt. I have one more side to bind, throw it in the washer and dryer and box it up and give it to the parents - they live across the alley!

That is my project for the day - and maybe, just maybe, I can do a little of our income tax. I have to figure out if we will use the 1040A or the 1040 or the 1040EZ. We can just do the short form actually. That is what is going to take the longest.....seeing which form will give us the most money back.

Spring is a'comin!!!!! Edie
Old 02-13-2011, 04:58 AM

I'm going to work on two UFOs, won't be able to finish them today but getting close. Then the usual stuff of daily living. It is Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr here and it snowed again again again last night. Hope everyone is doing well. Make yourself a good day.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:02 AM

Yesterday was just tooooo nice to stay in the house here! 40 + degrees and today is to be 50's! 60's by Tuesday!!
After those -23's and -18's it is such welcome weather.
We washed vehicles, they were so in need of it. Cleaned Rabbit pens, let rabbits out for a bit to enjoy the sunshine, and just over all enjoyed the warmer weather and Sat on the deck and had coffee.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:02 AM

I've been working on my table mat and mug rugs to bring to our friends in FL next month.

Also working on a lap quilt for my DH (which he knows nothing about yet) for his birthday in March. I'm not liking how it's turning out. I used a charm pack and they seem to have stretched out. Oh well, it's only for use on his chair and it will get lots of use. If he doesn't like it I'll use it and make him another one.