Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Good morning!  What is everyone working on today? >

Good morning! What is everyone working on today?

Good morning! What is everyone working on today?

Old 02-13-2011, 07:40 PM

I'll be busy today taking a class in machine applique. Doing a Sunbonnet Sue wall hanging. Enjoying it very much. A nice change from quilting, even though I really do enjoy quilting.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:45 PM

quilt pattern called straightlaced with asian fabrics, and a PP star BOM
Old 02-13-2011, 08:04 PM

made two pair of slippers for my grandson and helped my granddaughter sew a doll. Warmer weather here in Wisconsin.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:19 PM

I have one baby baby quilt and two throw top finished just need to get them quilted next.FMQ in practice!!!!

It is to forcast to be n the 50s here this coming week YEAH!!!
Old 02-13-2011, 08:50 PM

I am working on a quilt that was requested by my contractor/handyman in trade for getting my master bath painted, and new bathroom mirror hung, so I can clear off the counters. His exact words were"I want lots of blue, and no flowers." I went through my entire stash and came up with enough scraps to make a scrappy Irish Chain. I officially have nothing 'guy' left in my stash between this one, and DH's, that is still WIP. I will post pictures when the top is done in the next day or two, or three... :roll:
Old 02-13-2011, 09:05 PM

my mom called a"lick and a promise" !

My mom used to say this, too! I've never heard anyone else say it, though. So cute.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:28 PM

Seems like anything I start right now doesn't work out. I came across some bird fabric in my stash & decided to make an easy quilt by fussy cutting the birds. I don't know where my mind was since it was way too small. It didn't even come close to
having enough blocks. So I'm putting a wide border on it to make it into a tablecloth. With a few extra birds I had left. I made hot mats. I practiced my FMQ on them. They sure come out awfully flat but I can't seem to open my stitches. Here is a pix of my little mats. I love making them though.

I avoid the birds when I FMQ so they stand out nice & puffy.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-135549.jpe   attachment-135550.jpe  
Old 02-13-2011, 09:45 PM

No sewing today...day of rest....
Old 02-13-2011, 10:06 PM

working on a challenge from LQS 1 focal print, 5 accent and lots of white on white. WHY DID I PICK WHITE ON WHITE!! Otis my cat thinks the white should be her bed we have ben having a running argument about this for 3 weeks you'd think one of us would give up. I hide fabric, Otis finds it, I cover it up Otis pushes over baskets, scratches at lides and has figured out how to get the closet door open I havent figured that one out yet. DH says she is paying me back for naming her Otis but for some reason the name fits her OH well at the end of the day she still thinks my lap is the best bed in town.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:44 PM

It looks like this thread is now three days running. Wow!

Happy Valentines Day to all!!

I had a great and productive weekend. Temps in the 50's F. for a couple of days now, snow is almost gone except for the huge piles that the road plows made on the highway in out front. Saturday morning I got all rooms in my house cleaned and scrubbed except for the kitchen. Will get that done today. That just leaves windows left to clean to finish up my spring cleaning!! I also got all of the laundry done and worked on my grand daughter's 1st Birthday quilt while I waited for the dryer to buzz at each load. I finally repaired the batting on a quilt I have on the long arm frame that continues to shred each time I roll the take up bar. It's a bad piece of poly that I am trying to use up on a charity quilt. Ugh! So frustrating.

On Sunday I took it pretty easy. DH went to help a neighbor butcher a beef and he brought home some meat that I needed to package up. Yesterday they did a pork and made breakfast sausage so I also got a few pkgs. of that too. Nice to have the freezer full again! Spent some time putting borders on my grand daughters quilt, didn't like them and ripped them back off. I've decided to do a second small border around all the blocks before I add the final border. HA! This quilt will be full size before I'm done with it instead of twin size. Should have it all finished up today. Next up is a chair throw for DH. Can't wait to get started!