Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Good morning!  What is everyone working on today? >

Good morning! What is everyone working on today?

Good morning! What is everyone working on today?

Old 02-13-2011, 05:45 AM

Good Morning, It is finally going to be in the sixties and clear skies. I am so tired of having cold weather and snow. I am current involved in several projects--making hubbie a flannel shirt for work, crocheting a baby blanket for my youngest neices baby that is due in August, finishing a kingsize quilt that is the size of a bedspread, and I have joined the Pinwheel project that has been posted here. In the inbetween times I have a house to keep up, a hubbie to feed and 4 dogs to play with. Just an average day for me. Jeanniebelle
Old 02-13-2011, 05:50 AM

I put a baby quilt in the frame yesterday. (hand quilting)
That's what I am going to be doing this afternoon.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:57 AM
Gal

What a great thread, reading through what all our quilters are up to, me, well, I am preparing a project ( country house quilted cushion cover) which myself and two sisters are going to make,they are coming over on my birthday and we are going to have a little wine and cheesecake and sew. At Christmas we almost lost our Mum, it was a very stressful time, we had a few arguments,after the crisis was over we promised ourselves that life is too short we would put our differences aside and try to get along better. We have decided to get together once a Month and do a project together, wish us luck! Oh, and gentle rain falling outside, the farmers need it, it is most welcome!

Gal
Old 02-13-2011, 06:04 AM

after I get off the computer u mean?. Make a feew pinwheels for the program here.am setting a top together,all hand needlturn applique blocks ,am making hour glass blocks for the sashing,have to have 131 of them. Do have the blocks cut out so just putting them together. All this after giving Praise to the LOrd. lol
Old 02-13-2011, 06:16 AM

I have a Janome 350E also and when your machine acts up stop and clean it and rethread it. It might be a lump in the stabilizer or the thread. I love mine so much!! :)
Old 02-13-2011, 06:17 AM

This past week I watched a tutorial by the Missouri Star Quilt co. in which she made a Valentine's Day wall hanging from charm packs. so I ordered the charm packs and began piecing it last evening. It is so cute. It won't be done by tomorrow, but I sure have a good head start for next Valentine's Day!
Old 02-13-2011, 06:43 AM

I leave Wednesday for a5 day sewing retreat. I have been going through UFO's and adding whatever they need to be finished to the ziplock bag they are in. Then I had a light bulb go on over my head. The reason why they were UFO's was because I needed something to finish them and by the time I got to town I had either too many things on my mind or it had been too long since working on them that I just simply forgot. Then I'd get home and have to start something new as I had what was needed to start that new project or at least most of it thus leading to a new UFO.. Vicious cycle I've got going on here. I take comfort knowing that I am in good company with all of you.
Anyway I am taking UFO's to the retreat and hopefully finishing them. I am taking wayyyyyyyy too many projects, I think I am up to around 15 and seem to find something else to add every time I sit at this cotton pickin' computer. WE come and go as we want and work on whatever we want. I usually go to bed around 1-2 am and get back to sewing by 6:30. I don't sleep very well when not in my own bed so I make hay. I'll post my finished projects when I get back. Wish me luck.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:44 AM

Too many chores that need to get done today. No quilting here until at least tomorrow evening.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:48 AM

It's going to be beautiful here today also. I am going to finishing piecing a baby top my DD asked me to make for her husbands nephew's new son, put the binding on a baby quilt I was commissioned to make, and try to make a top for big sister of the baby quilt for my DD :thumbup: For sure I'll get the binding and the one top done.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:52 AM

I just got my own office at work. I have had to share an office for years. I am making a Happy Daisy wall hanging to put in my office. It is about half finished.