Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Good Quilt shop and Pfaff Dealer near Wheaton Illinois >

Good Quilt shop and Pfaff Dealer near Wheaton Illinois

Good Quilt shop and Pfaff Dealer near Wheaton Illinois

Old 05-20-2016, 03:30 AM

Default Good Quilt shop and Pfaff Dealer near Wheaton Illinois

Good Morning! My sister-in-law is planning a move from her home in Worthington Ohio to the Wheaton Illinois area. She is looking for a good quilt shop or two as well as a Pfaff dealer that offers good service, classes, etc.

Can anyone on the Board who lives in that area please provide?

Thanks!
Shorebird

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-21-2016 at 11:28 AM. Reason: remove shouting
Old 05-20-2016, 04:08 AM
Power Poster

We may not have a member living in that area. Have you Googled to at least know if there is a Pfaff dealer and quilt stores in the area??
Old 05-20-2016, 08:10 AM

Yes - but Google does not provide info as to whether dealer or quilt ship is a really good one...only that they are there...Wheaton is near Chicago...so am hoping we do have a member in that general area...........
Old 05-20-2016, 12:44 PM

Ask if there is a guild there, contact and get an opinion from them. Just thought.....are guilds listed somewhere on net....see if so.
Old 05-20-2016, 04:29 PM

I live in the area and bought my Pfaff at Linda Z's in Arlington Heights. Here is the Pfaff dealer locator, Wheaton's zip code is 60187. http://www.pfaff.com/Find-a-Store

There are many great quilt shops in the Chicago area. My favorite it quiltfabric.com, http://www.quiltfabric.com/
Old 05-20-2016, 09:35 PM

We have tons of LQS'es in the Chicagoland area for fabric. Every summer they have a shop hop & offer prizes if you go to visit all the shops in your region (or even better -- go visit multiple regions). I will ask the next time I go to visit Pieceful Gathering in Fox River Grove, IL if they have this summer's shop hop list ready yet but I know they have quilt shops in Geneva, IL which is close by Wheaton -- they have a quilt festival there every year. There are probably 5-6 different shops within 30-40 minutes of Wheaton (which is considered a "reasonable driving distance" in the greater Chicagoland area).

I personally haven't had many good experiences with Linda Z's. They only sell floor models, but price them as brand new machines (which they claim they are & that it's a "benefit" to their customers that the machine was sewn on before you buy it). It took them 45 minutes to hunt all around the store & back room to find all the parts that were supposed to come with my "new" machine and put them in the unsealed box along with the floor model. Plus, their "free" machine training classes have hidden costs. In hindsight, I wish I'd bought my Bernina elsewhere.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:58 AM

Quilters Quest in Woodridge is great. Maybe 30 minutes from Wheaton. Thimbles in Lockport is nice too. (Both are Bernina dealers. Quilters Trunk in Chicago is worth the visit...new shop! Modern.

Sandy
Old 05-22-2016, 06:12 PM

The Quilt Merchant is a good LQS specializing in reproduction fabrics. I don't know if they even have machines. They are in Winfield which is the neighboring community to the west of Wheaton. And as someone else noted, there are quite a few good stores within 30-45 minutes of Wheaton.