Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Must I have a Pfaff dealer clean my machine >

Must I have a Pfaff dealer clean my machine

Must I have a Pfaff dealer clean my machine

Old 01-20-2012, 08:33 AM

Default Must I have a Pfaff dealer clean my machine

I have a Pfaff Tiptronic 2030 sewing machine. Is it necessary to have someone trained/certified
for Pfaff to clean my machine? I live 2-3 hours from a Pfaff dealer, but much closer to someone
else who does machine maintenance & repair. It is working okay, but needs cleaning.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:42 AM

Do you have a machine still under warranty? If so, know that if you mess it up some way or if you don't take it in occasionally for cleaning/service the dealer can possibly not cover warranty issues. They can say it wasn't professionally serviced and not normal wear. Just an FYI to consider. I don't mess with any of my computerized machines that are under warranty. Having them professionally serviced is simply part of the price of owning one. Those who aren't certified can void your warranty!
Old 01-20-2012, 09:48 AM
Power Poster

My Bernina is only to be cleaned or repaired by a Bernina technician or it voids the warranty. Read your warranty to check if you need a Pfaff technician. If your machines is beyond the warranty, (20yrs.?) then I'd go to whoever is closer. Keep in mind that if it does need a part, a Pfaff dealer may get them cheaper?
Old 01-20-2012, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
My Bernina is only to be cleaned or repaired by a Bernina technician or it voids the warranty. Read your warranty to check if you need a Pfaff technician. If your machines is beyond the warranty, (20yrs.?) then I'd go to whoever is closer. Keep in mind that if it does need a part, a Pfaff dealer may get them cheaper?
What she said. Reminds me my Pfaff is still under warranty and I think I should have the Pfaff dealer give it a maintenance check up. May in Jersey
Old 01-20-2012, 10:04 AM

I had my 2030 cleaned by a non Pfaff service guy. I don't live anywhere near a Pfaff dealer or even a sub-dealer anymore and the non Pfaff guy was my only choice. He did a nice job so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:03 PM

Thank you............I'll see of I can find out if my 2030 is still under warranty. I appreciate the info.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:09 PM

Make sure the repair/tech works on electronic machines. Some take $$ and machine still not serviced.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:45 PM

Thank you............I found my warranty & it says to take to Pfaff serviceman or warranty will be void.
SO, I will take to a Pfaff dealer. My machine is 10 years old, & warranty for parts is 25 years.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:08 PM

Closest dealer to me is 3 hours and I have a 2030 also. The warranty for parts isn't worth the paper it is written on. My machine broke at the plug and when Pfaff was contacted, they said they don't carry parts on machines that old. She was rather nasty about it too.

Mary
Old 01-22-2012, 02:59 PM

OMG.........I have the same machine and had no idea about the warranty. It is in a file that I haven't looked at in years. I do have a Pfaff dealer about 2 miles from my house.