Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Goodwill find update! >

Goodwill find update!

Goodwill find update!

Old 01-06-2012, 08:43 AM

Default Goodwill find update!

OH my God! My husband is going to kill me or at the very least take my car keys away. Went to Goodwill again this morning. I came home with 67.5 yards of more quilt shop quality fabric for $1.99 per yard. There was even flannel this time. None of the cuts were less than 7 yards. I have never seen this much material at this Goodwill. I have spent more and got more fabric in the past 4 days than I have gotten the entire time I have been quilting. I have gotten a total of 170 yards of fabric. Somebody tell me not to keep going back. I don't need more, I can't afford more but how can you turn this down. My Husband is out of town until Sunday. After I break the new fabric to him I will have him post pictures. Happy,Happy dances!
Old 01-06-2012, 08:48 AM
Power Poster

Congratulations! I don't want to be a party pooper but make sure to quarantine it until you get it all washed and dryed in case of guests.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:51 AM

Why would you tell him???? Him being out of town is the perfect time to get it integrated into your stash and he will never be the wiser! It's like when I used to have a shoe obsession: I would purchase the shoes, leave the box at the store, put the bag into my trunk, wait until nobody was home and then bring the shoes in and put them in my closet. Nobody knew that they were new shoes except for me!!! Fortunately, I don't have to hide my purchases from my current better half!!
Old 01-06-2012, 09:03 AM

OH My god your going to need help! its way to long til Sunday! You won't be able to resist the call of the Goodwill! You need DuckTape and a friend so your Hubby will listen while you explain!LOL
Old 01-06-2012, 09:52 AM
Power Poster

I don't think I could resist going back.

For the price you are paying, you can sell any fabric you don't want online and more than break even on it. Also, compare this to the cost of a therapy appointment. This is fabric therapy! Or, consider charitable donations for any fabric you don't want. A lot of charities can't afford to buy fabric, and this way you can give them lots more than they could purchase if you gave them the money.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:53 AM

How about this idea? Can you sort out the fabric that you absolutely love from the fabric that you think you might not ever use, and sell that so-so fabric on the quilting board here. If you sell it for say $3.00 / yard, you should be able to recoup a lot of the money that you paid out. That way you can look at the situation as a win-win for both of you! Would that idea placate your hubby?
Old 01-06-2012, 10:03 AM

How lucky you are, I would not have passed it up either!
Old 01-06-2012, 10:07 AM

I saw take advantage of a good opportunity when you can. I have fabric I purchased 20 years ago because I knew we would be moving to Maine and I was able to get great deals. I am so glad I did. I use my stach all the time.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:10 AM

I would not be able to resist no matter how big my stash was! Do post photos , so we can see this great find! I am so jealous !My Goodwill never has fabric, must be they send it all to your location.

Last edited by Lori S; 01-06-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:02 AM

If you need your DH to post pictures, then you have to tell him. If you can post pictures yourself, then you don't have to tell him. It's not a necessity for us to see the fabric unless you do want to sell it.