Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Great Customer Service >

Great Customer Service

Great Customer Service

Old 07-02-2023, 12:45 PM

Good service because they have real people working for them instead of the stupid machines.
Old 07-02-2023, 04:32 PM

I have used Connecting Threads for years, it is one of my go to online shops. About two years ago, I had a problem with an order. They had a special on a FQ bundle of neutrals by Riley Blake but there was a problem. Over half of the FQs had a permanent marker line along both edges. That, at least, didn't make the fabric unuseable but I felt that might be something that they should be aware of, so I sent an email with pictures. The email I received back, lets just say, wasn't nice. I was basically told that CT doesn't sell Riley Blake neutrals and they checked all my orders from the past year, and they didn't find such an order. I did answer the email with a copy of my invoice from CT and apologized for taking up their time. This hasn't stopped me from ordering from Connecting Threads, I'm just more selective about what I buy from there.
Old 07-03-2023, 04:40 AM

funny story... Peckish and I both live near Connecting Threads, which at one time had a shop. Early 90's? I'd go several times a year because all the books were 40% off in the store. I got to know the clerks and one day they mentioned they would soon have a website. Long story short I was invited to be a beta tester, the first time in person. Everything I did went against their expectations, which was a good thing...you should never make assumptions about your customers.

But the greatest thing... when I got to the free patterns section I started laughing. Every single one was based on tracing a template and cutting with scissors. I explained that while many people still hand pieced, many more used rotary cutters and rulers and all the effort into their free patterns section was not well thought out. Basically designed by web designers and sales people based on what they thought quilters did.

Old 07-08-2023, 09:45 PM

I miss CT being so close. Their admin office is still here, but they moved the warehouse to Ohio, which is more centrally located for shipping. They used to have awesome clearance sales once or twice a year, you could buy fabric by the pound. I was always too picky to buy fabric that way, though.