Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Great Vacuum for sewing room! Bissell 3 in 1  only $15 >

Great Vacuum for sewing room! Bissell 3 in 1 only $15

Great Vacuum for sewing room! Bissell 3 in 1 only $15

Old 08-25-2011, 12:11 PM

I got my purple one a couple years ago, and I just LOVE it. I now use it more than I use the big one. Just a note, they have a filter in them that is attached to a plastic frame. I have gently washed my filter several times and allowed it to air dry for 24 hours before re-using. Do NOT use dish soap, you need a cleaner that rinses easily for this. I use warm water and Windex to clean mine. The key is be gentle, and not hot water! We have indoor pets, so my filter gets pretty icky.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:15 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for the tip. $14 is not much money. I might just go for this.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly
I got my purple one a couple years ago, and I just LOVE it. I now use it more than I use the big one. Just a note, they have a filter in them that is attached to a plastic frame. I have gently washed my filter several times and allowed it to air dry for 24 hours before re-using. Do NOT use dish soap, you need a cleaner that rinses easily for this. I use warm water and Windex to clean mine. The key is be gentle, and not hot water! We have indoor pets, so my filter gets pretty icky.
Here is a link to the filter if you ever need to replace it. http://www.vacpartswarehouse.com/Bis...m&click=169332
Old 08-25-2011, 04:16 PM

Ordered my lime green one today. The local store ihad pink ones but they were $5 more than online. Delivered to my house for .97
Old 08-25-2011, 04:20 PM

Now I want a nifty color! Mine is boring grey!
Old 08-25-2011, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by IowaStitcher
I bought one for the motor home. Cute BUT try to find a new filter cup. Walmart sells the vacuum but not the replacement filters. Dumb! (Walmart- 'nuf said)
Here's the site for replacement parts...

http://www.bissell.com/parts/?sc=pro...ctid=8224&st=1

Jean
Old 08-25-2011, 05:26 PM

I also buy bags for my upright Bissell online. I get 12 of them for $9.99!
Old 08-25-2011, 06:16 PM

Where do you get a dozen of them for that price? I've been searching and keep coming up with zip!.. :(
Old 08-25-2011, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by tuesy
Where do you get a dozen of them for that price? I've been searching and keep coming up with zip!.. :(
Here is the link to get the bags cheap. Last package was still that price for my machine. Good Luck! :-)

http://www.bissell.com/parts/ Just enter your product info.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:03 PM

Thanks for your review of this. I saw it at WalMart last night, and wondered if it worked.

I may go get one. I need something lightweight. My DH does the vacuuming as the one we have is so heavy.

Need one for small clean ups.