Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: growing fabric????

Congratulations! If that's the case, you'll never have to buy fabric again!!! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    It's been raining, thundering and lightning the past couple of days and I was afraid to have my machine turned on so I decided to take a good long look at the fabric stored in baskets under my cutting table. It's been a while and I found fabric I forgot I had. I have 5 baskets sorted and organized with 7 to go!! What a job it's turning out to be !! No promises as to how long this will last either :lol:

Before-at least the top isn't that bad
    Name:  Attachment-242147.jpe
Views: 9
Size:  79.0 KB

Pink basket-before
    Name:  Attachment-242148.jpe
Views: 49
Size:  64.3 KB

Pink basket-after
    Name:  Attachment-242149.jpe
Views: 11
Size:  66.3 KB

Banned
    Blog Entries
    [quote=ptquilts]Surprise!! It's the Fabric Fairy!!

Hahahaha! so cute, ptquilts!

This thread has me thinking... maybe what I have is not entirely a sewing room ... maybe part of it is a "Scrap Farm"... and yes there is plenty waiting for harvest.

Sooooo glad to hear others are having the same problem. Fabric rabbits!

Blog Entries
    I will gladly adopt your extra fabric for you. I promise to give it a loving home where it will get lots of fondling...lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dunster
    With the price getting higher and higher, I wish it would reproduce!
    I'm with you Dunster

:-)

I spent two day wrapping fabric on core boards to put into a closet in my sewing room.I have two shelfs full.Im out of core boards and need to order more.Its the cutting of them I dont like.They are 24x36 so I get 9 pieces out f each one and they are 12in8 so I wrap several sm pieces of fabric on each one.Of course these are either pieces to go into same quilt or same colors.When i figure out how to send pictures on this sight I will.My husband took sliding doors of closet to put shelfs in for this.Then I had an extra shower curtain that I hung on opening to close it up, plus it gives my room color.The kits for quilts that I have I didnt put on core boards they are flat because they are lg quares and I dont want to fold them.Im not done with room but will show it later on.The saga goes on,stay tuned for rest.(lol)Dawn

Blog Entries
    I hadn't thought of the rabbit idea for my stash. thanks, that gives me another come back! :)

Well, no matter how big my stash I is, I wish mine WOULD grow! The fabric fairy has my permission and my invitation to visit here anytime she wants!!!

No matter what I'm working on at the moment--when I go to my stash, there is NEVER the right piece of material to complete it. And, of course, I'm always searching in the middle of the night so I can't go out and buy what I need.

I have to admit, though, that much of my stash consists of Christmas prints and children's prints that I collected while I was still working and had a new grandbaby on the way. Oh, how I wish I had had the foresight to purchase complementary solids or blends at the same time. Now that I have retired and the grandbabies and great grandbabies are coming along at an increasing rate I find myself needing lots more material than I have or can afford to go out and buy. Oh well--I just have to be more creative and find ways to use what I do have until my next splurging visit to the fabric store. Can't go too often--it's a 2-hour trip and I don't seem to have much self-control when I get there.

Cute!

mine fabric is like rabbits to shucks it just keeps multiplying .

Quote Originally Posted by 0tis
    I think someone is sneaking in fabric and adding it to my stash - I have been organizing it and wrapping it up on foam core boards - I don't think its ever going to end...Perhaps, fabric is like rabbits???? (at least thats my story and I am sticking to it).. :)
    fabric multiplies in dark places. I swear my scraps do that. :lol:

Love this story i think mind are like that to

Otis I am with you have the same kind of disease in my fabric I look for something and wonder what all else I find Ulla

Me too. I think there is something in the water.

Dee
    Same problem here.

I have decided to just admit that I love fabric and probably have (my DH says definately) too much fabric. Stitching is my sanity saver, occupies my time, much cheaper than therapy and has the added bonus of producing something that is useful. I just refuse to feel guilty about it. I will use it and play with it until I can't or don't want to stitch anymore and then I'll give it away. My DD says she'll know that I'm ready for "the Home" when that day comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelbie
    I have decided to just admit that I love fabric and probably have (my DH says definately) too much fabric. Stitching is my sanity saver, occupies my time, much cheaper than therapy and has the added bonus of producing something that is useful. I just refuse to feel guilty about it. I will use it and play with it until I can't or don't want to stitch anymore and then I'll give it away. My DD says she'll know that I'm ready for "the Home" when that day comes.
    I completely agree!! I consider it 'MY' time when I pull out the sewing machine! If I need to relax, I sew. If I need to think,I sew!! Most of the time they know to find me at the sewing machine!!
    He golfs, plays hockey and I sew! Fair trade! I feel no guilt anymore!!

Make sure they get plenty of water! Ha! Ha!

This is what happens when you allow fresh air to get to fabric stash. ;)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2