Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
growing fabric???? >

growing fabric????

growing fabric????

Old 08-15-2011, 07:54 AM

I will gladly adopt your extra fabric for you. I promise to give it a loving home where it will get lots of fondling...lol
Old 08-15-2011, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by dunster
With the price getting higher and higher, I wish it would reproduce!
I'm with you Dunster

:-)
Old 08-15-2011, 09:32 AM

I spent two day wrapping fabric on core boards to put into a closet in my sewing room.I have two shelfs full.Im out of core boards and need to order more.Its the cutting of them I dont like.They are 24x36 so I get 9 pieces out f each one and they are 12in8 so I wrap several sm pieces of fabric on each one.Of course these are either pieces to go into same quilt or same colors.When i figure out how to send pictures on this sight I will.My husband took sliding doors of closet to put shelfs in for this.Then I had an extra shower curtain that I hung on opening to close it up, plus it gives my room color.The kits for quilts that I have I didnt put on core boards they are flat because they are lg quares and I dont want to fold them.Im not done with room but will show it later on.The saga goes on,stay tuned for rest.(lol)Dawn
Old 08-15-2011, 11:20 AM

I hadn't thought of the rabbit idea for my stash. thanks, that gives me another come back! :)
Old 08-15-2011, 11:35 AM

Well, no matter how big my stash I is, I wish mine WOULD grow! The fabric fairy has my permission and my invitation to visit here anytime she wants!!!

No matter what I'm working on at the moment--when I go to my stash, there is NEVER the right piece of material to complete it. And, of course, I'm always searching in the middle of the night so I can't go out and buy what I need.

I have to admit, though, that much of my stash consists of Christmas prints and children's prints that I collected while I was still working and had a new grandbaby on the way. Oh, how I wish I had had the foresight to purchase complementary solids or blends at the same time. Now that I have retired and the grandbabies and great grandbabies are coming along at an increasing rate I find myself needing lots more material than I have or can afford to go out and buy. Oh well--I just have to be more creative and find ways to use what I do have until my next splurging visit to the fabric store. Can't go too often--it's a 2-hour trip and I don't seem to have much self-control when I get there.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:47 AM

Cute!
Old 08-15-2011, 11:55 AM

mine fabric is like rabbits to shucks it just keeps multiplying .
Old 08-15-2011, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by 0tis
I think someone is sneaking in fabric and adding it to my stash - I have been organizing it and wrapping it up on foam core boards - I don't think its ever going to end...Perhaps, fabric is like rabbits???? (at least thats my story and I am sticking to it).. :)
fabric multiplies in dark places. I swear my scraps do that. :lol:
Old 08-15-2011, 01:05 PM

Love this story i think mind are like that to
Old 08-15-2011, 03:48 PM

Otis I am with you have the same kind of disease in my fabric I look for something and wonder what all else I find Ulla