Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Guess what else they had at Harbor Freight? >

Guess what else they had at Harbor Freight?

Guess what else they had at Harbor Freight?

Old 08-27-2010, 06:00 PM

Ok - I had to go down to RI and would have to pass a HF in Attleboro, MA. DH was VERY excited that I was stopping there!! I came out with 8 pks of blades, a sand blaster (for him of course) and another set of boxes ( it is a med size box with 24 - 2X@X1 inch boxes inside - perfect for beading ot sewing supplies).

Love that place - Thanks all for the tip on the blades.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:59 PM

I HOPE YOUR BLADES ARE BETTER THAN MINE. THE FIRST CUT WAS VERY, VERY SHARP...THE NEXT ONE ..NOT SO SHARP. NOW IT IS REALLY DULL. I HOPE THE FIRST BLADE IS JUST A DUD. I HAVE 10 PACKS. ANY ONE ELSE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH HF BLADES ?
Old 08-28-2010, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by quilting grammy
I HOPE YOUR BLADES ARE BETTER THAN MINE. THE FIRST CUT WAS VERY, VERY SHARP...THE NEXT ONE ..NOT SO SHARP. NOW IT IS REALLY DULL. I HOPE THE FIRST BLADE IS JUST A DUD. I HAVE 10 PACKS. ANY ONE ELSE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH HF BLADES ?
No I have been using mine for a week. I have even cut warm and Nat and still my blade is good.
Sorry you are having trouble.
I just went to my local HF to get more but of course they were out. I asked to order some more and they said they should be in in a week or 3. They had gone up to $1.99 but I told the manager that last week they were only $1.49 and he said he would give them to me for that price. Then he handed me a 20% of coupon. I ordered 10 packages.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:20 PM

I just bought the carpet cutter this afternoon. I was standing in front of the carpet cutters and kind of going back and forth on whether to get the cutter or not. All of a sudden a woman came up to me, asked me if I was a quilter, I told her I was, and found out it was debbieumphress from this board :)
Old 08-28-2010, 06:27 PM

I was browsing their ads and found out they have the metal legs that snap up for easy storage,the set is only 18.00. This would be a great buy for someone wanting to make a cutting or sewing table.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:28 PM

I went to HF in south Fort Worth today and they are out of the blades and have them back ordered. Rats! And that was a long drive too. Oh well, was in the neighborhood getting a darning foot for my vintage singer. Got the last one the sewing shop had too.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Suzanne57
I went to HF in south Fort Worth today and they are out of the blades and have them back ordered. Rats! And that was a long drive too. Oh well, was in the neighborhood getting a darning foot for my vintage singer. Got the last one the sewing shop had too.
So that makes 3 of us quilters that were in that one today! :)
Old 08-29-2010, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by ammorgan
Originally Posted by Suzanne57
So that makes 3 of us quilters that were in that one today! :)
About what time? I think it was between 4 & 5 that I was there.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:03 PM

I was able to get 10 packs of blades at HF over a week ago and I went back last Fri. and got the other 3 that were still there. But today I stopped again and of course there were none but the price tag was changed to $1.99. I am sure no one around here knows about this deal so the main Co. must realize all over now they are very popular.Bummer. But $2 is still a great price, Right!! I was also able to get the magnetic wrist band, suction cups,long expandable magnetic wand[which I have already used many times this weekend] and gloves. Such great ideas. Thanks so much everyone.I am a happy girl. Marlene
Old 08-29-2010, 03:07 PM

If you go to their web site, you will see that the price there has been changed and the blades are $1,99 per pkg. This would tell me the price change was company wide. And who knows, perhaps they had scheduled a change in price. Everything else has gone up and I would not want them to decrease the number of blades per package.

June