Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Guess what I'm doing! >

Guess what I'm doing!

Guess what I'm doing!

Old 11-15-2010, 05:59 AM

Great fun! Think I would have been up all night getting the room ready so I could play with the new machine. I am not a patient person!
Old 11-15-2010, 06:02 AM

When you get yours set up come help me get mine organized LOL. My sewing room has become the catch all for the family.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:13 AM
Power Poster

Awww...congrats on the new toy and the new room! Sounds like Christmas came early at your house!
Old 11-15-2010, 06:18 AM

Good for you! I just moved into my new sewing this past weekend. DS moved out (he is our one and only) we painted, new carpet, a little remodeling here and there, ahhhhh.

All I need now is three sets of drapes. :lol:

JulieM
Old 11-15-2010, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Gatormom3
Great fun! Think I would have been up all night getting the room ready so I could play with the new machine. I am not a patient person!
Ah, wouldn't I love to be able to do that, but with fibromyalgia, one learns to bide their time and use up their spoons carefully. If I stayed up all night working on it, then I'd have to spend at least the next 3 days in bed paying for that. LOL. It's not so much patience as necessity.
And like I said earlier on, that new machine does intimidate me more than a little bit!!!!
Hugs and smilesssss, Linda
Old 11-15-2010, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by JulieM
Good for you! I just moved into my new sewing this past weekend. DS moved out (he is our one and only) we painted, new carpet, a little remodeling here and there, ahhhhh.

All I need now is three sets of drapes. :lol:

JulieM
WTG Julie!!! No drapes or curtains for me!! I want to have as much natural light as I can. I only have one window in my room so I'm leaving it uncovered. Besides, I have an awesome view of the backyard and our woods beyond. Congrats on your new space too. Will be looking for pics.
Hugs and smiles. wildlinda
Old 11-15-2010, 06:38 AM

I have the same machine and I love it. Quilt, applique, make fancy stitches and thread my needle without having to squint. Happy Quilting.

Originally Posted by wildyard
This week I am sorting my fabrics and moving them into my NEW SEWING ROOM!!!! It will take me a while, and I won't have all my cabinets and such just the way I want them until I've lived with it a while. Trial and error. It's a smallish space, but I'm packing it full! AND I have a brand new sewing machine to use as soon as I get moved in. I'm so excited but I am making myself wait till I get the "work" done before I can play. LOL We all know that sorting and petting the fabrics isn't really work tho.
My new machine is a Kenmore 385.19110, whatever that means. LOL. My DSIL, who is an avid quilter, works at Sears and picked out the best one for me in my price range. I'm thrilled to have one that will do quilty things like drop the feed dogs. Heehee. I also got 4 special feet, including the 1/4" one and the clickety clack one. LOL can't remember what it's called just now. Oh, walking foot, I think.
So I am one happy camper and will post pics when I am all settled in. Hugggggggs and smilessssssss.... wildlinda
Old 11-15-2010, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Linda I don't know how you are keeping from playing with your new machine. If it was me the sorting and moving would come to screaming halt. LOL! I love new toys!!
LOL The truth is, I'm kinda afraid of it. I've read the book and studied the diagrams, but it's very intimidating to me. I kinda wish SIL lived closer than NH so she could walk me thru it. I've never had so many gadgets and gizmos to play with before and I don't want to break it before I even get to use it.
Can you tell I'm not very tech oriented?
Linda,
You will absolutely love your machine(I do). My old kenmore retired itself about a month ago, and we went to sears and purchased this exact same one you did, the amount of stitches is AMAZING!. My old one had a 8 stitches at the most(so I have ben like a kid in a candy store so to speak)Just do exactly what the book says it is wonderful, and you will do super with it. Feel free to email me or pm(I'm still not use to the needle threader, hee hee but it's fun.)
Isn't it exciting, you will have to post pictures when you get your "room" all moved in.
We're excited for you...
Old 11-15-2010, 06:59 AM

Been there & done that. My sewing space is super small...but after using the kitchen table for yrs....& having to put it all away before supper, I'm just glad to have it.

Sounds like you'll have a great sewing machine to play with I'm happy for you.My machine is over 2 yrs old & truth to tell, I still don't know/use the gizmos :-)

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Linda I don't know how you are keeping from playing with your new machine. If it was me the sorting and moving would come to screaming halt. LOL! I love new toys!!
LOL The truth is, I'm kinda afraid of it. I've read the book and studied the diagrams, but it's very intimidating to me. I kinda wish SIL lived closer than NH so she could walk me thru it. I've never had so many gadgets and gizmos to play with before and I don't want to break it before I even get to use it.
Can you tell I'm not very tech oriented?
Old 11-15-2010, 07:03 AM

I am working on the same thing. My hubby and I have been painting sanding and scrubbing a bedroom we used as storage for my small business. We put down new floors and now it is sewing and inventory...but oh so much nicer.