Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: guild night..sigh

I belonged to one but finally gave it up. I just didn't feel comfortable there. If you dread going, don't. Life is too short to do things you don't enjoy.

Don't force yourself to do something that you do not enjoy. Stress takes years away from your life and life is way to short to waste even a minute of it.

Just out of curiosity - would it help if I made a name tag & under my name I put my quilting interests?

(not trying to hijack this thread; I just want a better experience out of the next quilt guild)

Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
    Quote Originally Posted by nycbgirl
    Im with you about making ME happy!! I just told my husband the other day...." I spent the first 49 years doing what others wanted me to do, I'm gonna spend the next 49 years doing what I WANT TO DO" !!!! If I don't want to do it I'm NOT GOING TO DO IT!
    so are you going to be 50 this year?
    I am...so I am with you on this!
    When I turned 50 I decided that I was going to say what I think. I was tired of keeping quiet. (This applies to my family of 10 siblings) If they don't like it that is their problem. It seems I had to get mad before they paid attention. They have been dealing with it now for 13 years.
    I was a committee chair in 2 guilds. They were board positions. Sometimes they didn't like it when I asked why or disagreed. I've cut back on my commitments. I needed more time for me.

I don't belong to a guild, doesn't fit into work schedule. But I loved going to a monthly strip poker night at LQS. We had lots of fun & made alot of useful items. The shop closed due to the economy. I'd love to do strip poker again. So much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
    Do any of you belong to a quilt guild?
    Do you like it?

I belong to several, but most of them are out of town. Even out of state...

The one here in town I just dread going to...tonight is guild night and I just do not feel like going...though I do have obligations to being there!

How sad is that?
    Unfortunately all the guilds in the area have waiting lists so no.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4