Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: H & R Block commercial with quilt shop

If you haven't seen it, there's an H & R block commercial with a quilt shop owner and it explains how HRB found her an additional $5000 in taxes.

Am I the only quilter here who's looked at that commercial and wondered if its a real quilt shop and if its anywhere nearby?

Can you figure out what the name of the shop is or the name of the person in the commercial?

I wondered that too. I just Googled and found this:

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/150...ls?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE|default|t

Quote Originally Posted by redkimba
    Can you figure out what the name of the shop is or the name of the person in the commercial?
    Theresa Ayers of the Mountain Creek Quilt Shop

Blog Entries
    I saw that commercial and said to my hubby "did you hear that!". He said "yeah, so, there are quilt shops everywhere, what's the big deal". I wanted to smack him!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilter7x
    I saw that commercial and said to my hubby "did you hear that!". He said "yeah, so, there are quilt shops everywhere, what's the big deal". I wanted to smack him!
    LOL!!

Blog Entries
    their web site is mountaincreekquilters.com

Her shop is in West VA if anyone lives near there. Not too far from me, but I've never been. Happy to see she's getting some national publicity for her business though!

Tanesha

Quote Originally Posted by charismah
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilter7x
    LOL!!
    Charismah, Heard someone in your town won the lottery, should we be calling you for a loan? :)

I'm curious what she did wrong that she ended up paying an extra $5K. That's a pretty large mistake.

I worked at H&R Block last tax season and the tax preparers who knew what they were doing were awesome (about 7). Some of the others, who had been working there for 5-7+ years, didn't know the first thing about taxes, which was pretty scary.

Blog Entries
    I don't think she paid...that's how much extra she got back as a REFUND!!! That's a whole vacation@!!

I might have to go over to HRB to get my refund.

Any one else getting ads for H&R block at the bottom of this post? LOL

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by charmpacksplus
    I might have to go over to HRB to get my refund.
    I haven't seen the commercial but know that HRB does a good job finding things you don't think of . My son in law works for them during the tax season and does all he can to get people more money back! I think I'll keep him!

i saw that one lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AndiR
    I wondered that too. I just Googled and found this:

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/150...ls?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE|default|t
    What a joy to watch! Edie

I seen the commerical yet I don't care how much they show a LQS I would NEVER step foot in another H&R block.
    When my husband was in Iraq and I was in Ft. Campbell I went to H&R Block to have our taxes done (they were in a military town I figured they would know how to deal with military taxes). Not only was I there for FIVE HOURS with a toddler and a baby but they didn't know a damn thing that they were doing and I ended up walking out before they were done, driving 330 miles back home(non military town) to get them done with "our" accountant. Took about 30 minutes and we got back double what H&R block said we would get. I'll spend the extra money to have an accountant do my taxes.

Blog Entries
    Actually this quilt shop ins in Greenback, TN. Not too far from where I live. Watch the news clip that was posted. That station is in Knoxville, TN.
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyGardenMom
    Her shop is in West VA if anyone lives near there. Not too far from me, but I've never been. Happy to see she's getting some national publicity for her business though!

Tanesha

Blog Entries
    I think all HRB offices are different. The one here hired my DD who was in High School to do taxes and she had no training, nothing. They told her to just do what the computer told her to. This was some years ago but I wouldn't let her take the job. No one needed that headache from an untrained kid. Back then they hired anyone breathing. I think they have revamped their staffing hiring procedures. DH has been using them for the last few years but will only go to one person in the local HRB who is a retired cpa who works for HRB during tax season.

I agree. It's a cute commercial and I paid attention to the quilt shop right away, but nothing would convince me to go back to HRB. Turbotax has worked great for us the last few years (we're not very complicated!) and HRB really jobbed us a couple times.

I work for H&R Block and review non-Block prepared returns every season and most often find deductions and/or credits people neglected to take advantage of, resulting in a bigger refund (or even a smaller balance due for people who may have owed). It's a great feeling to educate a client and have them leave the office happier and confident that they are in good graces with the IRS!

My DH is NOT going to be happy with this thread! I just mapped out this quilt shop and found it's only a couple of hours from me. When the spring thaw comes and we can get over the mountains, it'll be on our list for a day trip! Another shop, another shop, another shop.... (See shy DH won't be happy?)LOL

Blog Entries
    Only a couple of hours from me also. I will wait for the Spring Thaw before I make the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by elseebee
    My DH is NOT going to be happy with this thread! I just mapped out this quilt shop and found it's only a couple of hours from me. When the spring thaw comes and we can get over the mountains, it'll be on our list for a day trip! Another shop, another shop, another shop.... (See shy DH won't be happy?)LOL

Super Member Central Ohio Quilter's Avatar
    I wonder how many people in that town ended up owing more in taxes than they had paid! They don't show them on the commercial!

We also have not had good experiences at H&R B.

Yeah, I was watching that and said "Look - quilts!" . My family just rolled their eyes!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast