Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: H & R Block commercial with quilt shop

I remember the quilter not the commercial. Loved it and I might try H & R Block this year. Maybe they understand me, maybe.

Blog Entries
    yes i would never go to H&R. I've worked with people who trained and worked for H&R as a second job and they didn't know a thing. scary when it's your money they are handling!

the site did not say the name of the state. (unless I missed it) I have no idea what state that town is in. Does anyone else know?

Crafty Garden Mom, Sorry, not near you. The shop is in Greenback, TN. not WV.

Here is my 2 cents worth! In order to get alot more back from any tax program, you have to itemize! We never have enough to do that, so we take the standard deduction. And yes, I use HRB on the web and do it myself! A couple of years ago, my DH didn't have confidence in me (and I've done our taxes for probably 30+ years), so he thought we would try an accountant, and the figures were NOT any different than what I had figured, but cost us our whole state tax refund for cost of doing the taxes with her.($150) So now he trusts me again!! We never have any doctor bills or anything to equal more than standard deductions.

Ad was cute but that was it!! H&R are having banking problems with their rapid refund. Overcharging people and now have to finally stop. Thankfully there are honest tax preparers out there.

Here's the website for Mountain Creek Quilt Shop in Greenback, TN. http://www.mountaincreekquilters.com/main.html?src=%2F

Blog Entries
    OHHHHHH i just love it

Blog Entries
    and just think how much more fabs you can buy with that kind of money

Quote Originally Posted by CraftyGardenMom
    Her shop is in West VA if anyone lives near there. Not too far from me, but I've never been. Happy to see she's getting some national publicity for her business though!

Tanesha
    It's in Greenback, TN (Louden County). Here's a bit about it:

http://mountaincreekquilters.com/main.html?src=%2F

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    I think all HRB offices are different. The one here hired my DD who was in High School to do taxes and she had no training, nothing. They told her to just do what the computer told her to. This was some years ago but I wouldn't let her take the job. No one needed that headache from an untrained kid. Back then they hired anyone breathing. I think they have revamped their staffing hiring procedures. DH has been using them for the last few years but will only go to one person in the local HRB who is a retired cpa who works for HRB during tax season.
    Oh, they have revamped since your DD was in high school. A few years back I took training to be a H&R tax person. It was thorough and much, much more than just telling you to follow the computer program.

I went into farming instead. I have been using H&R Block's home software program for years and absolutely trust and love it. It is very thorough and teaches you as you go along. :-D :-D

Yes, its a real shop... We are in Greenback, Tennessee. I am Theresa Ayers and I did the commercial. I made a mistake on my taxs and HR Block did find the error and I did get back. 5344.00 Yeah.....

in hiding !! witness protection program LOL
    We have used H&R Block for 5 years now and have gotten a refund everytime where as before with our accountant we ended up paying into the system. So we are a firm believer of H&R Block !

Welcome Theresa, I imagine you are going to have several new customers soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilter7x
    I saw that commercial and said to my hubby "did you hear that!". He said "yeah, so, there are quilt shops everywhere, what's the big deal". I wanted to smack him!
    lol!!

Blog Entries
    I've used H&R before but only because I knew the person behind the desk. A few years later, I faced the thread of an audit.(not related) That was so distressing that I've used an accountant ever since.
    This year, I had to make some difficult decisions re pension, disability insurance etc. He was worth his weight in gold wading through all that mess for me.

Blog Entries
    Welcome from a Knoxville quilter. I know you're in Tennessee...lol.

Her shop is in West VA if anyone lives near there. Not too far from me, but I've never been. Happy to see she's getting some national publicity for her business though!

Tanesha

Yep, they show it here alot! I was curious about it too, maybe we should do a google search of the name, next time they run it! I will have to pay attention & get the name! Kind of neat they used a quilt shop, isn't it!

I saw the commercial and also wondered if it was real. Nice to know the lady is getting popular and her business will do well. There must be a lot of quilt shops & quilters for H&R Block to use it in an advertisement. We are great!!

Just looked her up. She's from Tennessee, not WV. Drat! I wanted a road trip!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elseebee
    My DH is NOT going to be happy with this thread! I just mapped out this quilt shop and found it's only a couple of hours from me. When the spring thaw comes and we can get over the mountains, it'll be on our list for a day trip! Another shop, another shop, another shop.... (See shy DH won't be happy?)LOL
    umm...the spring thaw? :?:

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Ohio Theresa! I wish you were closer to me. Your shop sounds like fun!

Tanesha
    On the web site it said it was in Tennesee.

It is only about 40 minutes from me, but I haven't been there yet. Will go soon.

first of all she said she did her taxes online and guessed at some of the questions ??? duhhhh no wonder her taxes were off and you would think something clicked in her mind to recheck it or have a professional do them , especially if you dont know how and run a business. she is lucky they found the mistake

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast