Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Halo Medallion >

Halo Medallion

Halo Medallion

Old 12-31-2018, 05:38 AM

I would go ahead and make it. YOu can always piece the back. That is a beautiful quilt. I wish I had the time to make it. I did bookmark it for later.
Old 12-31-2018, 05:50 AM

I think I'm going to make this one. I've got a lot of various neutrals that would work for backgrounds, so I think I'll do each "round" with a different one. The rest I'll do using scraps - seems I never run out of them!
Old 12-31-2018, 11:08 AM

Thanks Cathy! That's what I wanted to hear! My math skills are always in question! I have about 10.5 yards of the print so think it may be enough. However, after looking at it awhile, I think I may switch the print to the yellow and use a cream for the background. But maybe I'll do the reverse...This appears to be an work in progress type of quilt. It would be nice to use up some stash!

And thanks for posting Cathy (Macybaby), I look forward to seeing your version!
Old 12-31-2018, 11:30 AM

I did an image search on this quilt, and saw some really neat color variations. There is a blue one that each round is a different shade of blue background, light and dark. It gives the pattern even more depth. Saw another in browns/neutrals that I really loved.

I am going to use only stash, and figure I'll decide each row as I go. I'm going to start with finding something for the large inner triangles. I'd love to do something to get a kalidescope look, if I can find something in my stash. If not, they would make a nice place for some fancy quilting with contrasting thread.
Old 12-31-2018, 02:30 PM

Great idea to do an image search. I love the brown/neutral too. Wow, I don't think these can turn out bad!!
Such inspiration makes me actually want to stop petting fabric and really sew. Thanks!!