Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hancocks of Paducah - Update >

Hancocks of Paducah - Update

Hancocks of Paducah - Update

Old 05-05-2010, 01:11 PM

Hancock's of Paducah does not send "back" catalogs. If you request a catalog, they add you to the mailing list and you get one with the next regular mailing. They save a lot of money on postage that way and it helps them keep their fabric prices down.

I'm sorry for all the troubles some of you are having with them, but I have ordered from HoP for years and have been nothing but happy with the quality, the service, and the speed of their delivery. I will continue to use them as my primary online source of fabrics without any hesitation at all.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Administrator

i have never ordered from Hancocks of Paducah. however, they are one shop that consistently gets overwhelmingly positive reviews here whenever questions arise about fabric and where to buy. i find it hard to believe they would have the nationwide reputation they have if their service was not great in nearly every case.

i occassionally shop my "local" hancock's [chain] store and sometimes buy from their website. service in the store is usually a bit slower than i'd like but i suspect that's just impatience in my part. when i am waited on i'm always treated with courtesy and respect. in fact, they did me a huge favor just last week that saved me well over $100. i can't recall ever having a complaint or bad experience with the website, either.

i have been distressed lately by the number of rants posted here at the board against shops and websites. in nearly every case, the problems were isolated incidents that in no way substantiated any claims or accusations of widespread dishonesty, discourtesy, or generally bad business practices by the vendors being eviscerated. in a few cases, rants have been posted before the customer had even given the vendor their first chance to fix the problem.

please think carefully before you post a rant. we are literally the biggest quilting board on the internet. our members hail from all over the world. thousands of people will read what you write. a rant here can have a serious impact on a vendor's reputation and financial future.

businesses are run by human beings. human beings make mistakes. i am in no way suggesting that we are not entitled to good service and products that provide good value for the price. i am simply saying that we need to think before we spew poison.

wait until the anger and/or disappointment have passed. fulfill your responsibility as an adult consumer by going all the way through the complaint resolution process. do NOT post a rant until you have given the vendor every reasonable chance to make it right. and then put yourself in the vendor's shoes and make an honest assessment of whether or not what you want is truly fair and reasonable.

and, if all fails and you absolutely cannot fight the urge to purge at the board, please, make sure you're criticizing the right business.