Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hand Lotion >

Hand Lotion

Hand Lotion

Old 10-16-2010, 07:40 PM

I have extremely dry skin and have tried just about every kind of lotion/balm out there. Most are greasy and leave a mark on the fabric. The one that does not leave marks and works the best for me is "Aveeno Hand Lotion" It keeps my skin moist for hours and does not leave any marks or spots on the fabric--it has oatmeal in it----it is the only one I will use anymore.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:56 PM

Bed ,Bath and Beyond has empty containers,bottles and jars that are very inexpensive....
Old 10-17-2010, 04:26 AM

My apologies if I'm repeating anyone....
I had to go to a dermatologist earlier this year, and they recommended CeraVe for a moisturizer. They recommended using it all over the body, but I haven't bothered with that yet. I have been using it on my face, and I like it better than any other moisturizer I've ever tried. It goes on lightly, but it really does moisturize (and I don't find it greasy). It is available at Wal-Mart....a rather large bottle is $12.49. Possibly there are coupons available on line (the dermatologist gave me a coupon). And, by the way, the dermatologist said most lotions don't really moisturize.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by featherweight
Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Here is a great hand body lotion to make. I make up a big batch every Christmas for guild members. I buy pretty little tins/jars and everyone loves it. I use it at night and my skin is never dry, not even my feet.

All ingredients are Dollar Store General Brand. You may find the vitamin E cream and Vaseline in smaller jars but use 16oz each.
The clean up is quick and not messy.

Bottle of Baby Lotion (16 ounces)
Jar of Vitamin E Cream (16 ounces)
Jar of Vaseline (16 ounces)

Mix all together with mixer until light and creamy and put in containers.
That is just like my recipe only I use 2 baby lotion, 2 Vitamin e cream and 1 vaseline. My husband even likes this lotion.
My recipe using dollar general items also calls for 2 Vitamin E jars, 1 vaseline (7.5 oz I think) and 1 pink top baby lotion, 1 purple top baby lotion. Mix it all up and put in pretty jars. I love it. My cousin gave me the recipe originally, now the folks that I have given the lotion to want the recipe.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by quilter64779
walmart is now carrying the vit e cream too. Yes you use 2 of each vaseline and vit e cream and the baby lotion unscented. You may add a fragrance oil if you like.
If you add a fragrance oil where in the store would you find that?
Old 10-17-2010, 03:47 PM

Does everyone get the cheaper baby lotions or has anyone tried the johnsons baby lotion?
Old 10-21-2010, 10:54 AM

Does this leave film & is it greasy? Seems like it would be with the vaseline. Sounds like a great idea. I will try it.
Thanks.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:59 PM

Maybe don't use quite as much vaseline.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:58 PM

Cornhuskers Lotion: soaks in nicely although feels a bit viscous, almost slimy, at first but dries in a few minutes to soft, NON greasy. No color, no fragrance, no greasiness. Cheap, too, from grocery store lotion aisles or feed stores.
Bag Balm is wonderful but cannot be "used" close to the time when you want to handle anything like fabric.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by quilterj
Does everyone get the cheaper baby lotions or has anyone tried the johnsons baby lotion?
I don't see any difference. I have used J&J and the cheaper brand, Dollar General Brand and it doesn't make any difference.