Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hand quilters: on what do you quilt?

Blog Entries
    When I hand quilt I use a lap size frame.

I hand quilt on a 3 roller, no baste frame. I have 'John Flynn's quilting frame. I have 2 of his older ones. I am quilting my husband quilt that is 120"x120". My husband has raised it to the ceiling because we dont have alot of room

Tish
    from Vancouver, Wa

Blog Entries
    I quilt on o small hoop for my large quilts but nothing on my wallhangingss. I would love to get The frame that is made for the recliner. I saw it some where.

I just got an oval hoop with a floor stand at the thrift store for $4, some one didn't like it. So far I like it, I don't put mine in real tight, and just turn the whole thing. This was originally from Joanns for about $30.
    I do quilt a bit different but it looks good. I have a rubber finger protector on my right index finger.......strange, but works for me. In another week I may decide I don't like it. Right now I sit in a rocker in front of the TV and window. :D

I'm using a full size quilt frame on a queen size project, an oval hoop on a wall-hanging size quilt project. I haven't try using none (I don't think I have). I would like to try it though. I always thought you have to have a loop or frame. I like hand piecing & quilting so that may just works out for me.

Thanks.
    ~ Quik

Well... this morning, I am supposed to receive a "fan design" quilting frame that my DH bought on ebay for me. t is supposed to adapt to any size of quilt, does not need any basting and it can be dismantled in a minute, even in the middle of work, if visitors come. I am all excited and I wonder if some of you have this quilting frame? I will post a picture when my husband will put it together so that you can see it.

I have never heard of the fan design and look forward to your pic and hearing what you think of it!

I've never heard of a fan design frame either. Am most curious.

I primarily quilt on a Grace Z-44. It has 4 rails & there is no basting of any kind to do. One rail for batting, one rail for backing, one rail for top & then the front rail where they all come together.
    I also have a Grace portable floor frame & also a lap frame ,by Grace, also. (I oughta be paid a commision by those folks as much as I advertise for them! :mrgreen: )

Riley

This is the Z-44, nicknamed Mrs. Grace

Attached Images Attached Images

Wow! That is an imposing piece of material! I just love the Sue Bonnet that you have on your frame in the picture!!

I received my "fan design" quilting frame this afternoon and already, I think I will love to work with it. I have no quilt ready for quilting; now, I am making a funny log cabin top and it is just at the beginning.

I will ask my DH to make pictures of it tomorrow to show you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2