Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hand quilters, to you....... >

Hand quilters, to you.......

Hand quilters, to you.......

Old 05-24-2011, 04:23 PM

single thread and I use hand quilting thread. Kelela
Old 05-24-2011, 04:40 PM

wow there is alot of single people on this thread... LOL I use single as well. The Amish in PA use the length of a yard and single. :D
Old 05-24-2011, 05:31 PM

Single never heard of using double??
Old 05-24-2011, 07:33 PM

I use Thread Heaven also and it is to die for like NJ quilter said. I used to use double thread because no one told me different. Now I use single and size 40 works well. Happy hand quilting
Old 05-25-2011, 03:06 AM

What really makes me happy is all the hand quilters still out there. My question is are you doing small peices or large quilts? Do you use a hope? My guild is quilting an opportunity quilt and we are doing it block by block. I am on my second block and will pick up three more at our next meeting if no one elas takes them. I love hand quilting almost as much as applique.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:48 PM

I hand quilt in a hoop for smaller projects and I use a quilting frame for the large quilts. But I have quilted large quilts in a hoop if the quilt is too large for the frame.I started quilting in 1974 or 1975 . It is relaxing and enjoy doing it.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Toddy
What really makes me happy is all the hand quilters still out there. My question is are you doing small peices or large quilts? Do you use a hope? My guild is quilting an opportunity quilt and we are doing it block by block. I am on my second block and will pick up three more at our next meeting if no one elas takes them. I love hand quilting almost as much as applique.
I love hand quilting also..applique is my favorite. I made my granddaughter a sun bonnet sue quilt. Everytime I go to my daughters house and see it I can't believe I did that!....did you all ever feel that way? :)
Old 05-26-2011, 12:47 AM

What really makes me happy is all the hand quilters still out there.
That makes me happy, too! I am also an avid hand quilter and I mostly do bigger items (ca. 75"x75") in a hoop on a stand. I prefer hand quilting thread and use a single thread.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:00 AM

Single, hand quilting thread too.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by bizzyquilter
I love hand quilting also..applique is my favorite. I made my granddaughter a sun bonnet sue quilt. Everytime I go to my daughters house and see it I can't believe I did that!....did you all ever feel that way? :)
Can you keep a secret, Our guild is makeing a freindship quilt for our leader her name is Sue. Guess what we are doing. It is a Sun Bonnet Sue and each member made a block with a message. I am not in the process of putting it together. It will be really a great littl quilt. She is not a member of this board so I don't have to worry that someone will tell her