Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Handi Quilter - Thoughts?? >

Handi Quilter - Thoughts??

Handi Quilter - Thoughts??

Old 03-09-2010, 06:09 PM

Hi,
I just got the HQ Avante and love it. It comes to a complete stop when you are in the regulated mode...the new pro frame is very nice also...Love it!
Old 03-09-2010, 06:52 PM

I got my Avante in December 09, and I love it. I also have the pro frame, everything about the machine and frame is easy to use, easy to LEARN how to use. I talked to my rep for quite some time before buying, asked all the questions I had and got good answers. She even came and set it up, gave me lessons, it is worth every penny. Doesn't matter that I drooled over a Handi Quilter since they first came out. I like the looks, looks sleek like a corvette, to me anyway. But then looks are in the eye of the beholder.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:59 PM

I agree, I tried Tin Lizzie, Voyager ect,,,HQ is also made in USA that also was great! I am in heaven and am starting a long arm quilting business, now just have to get some business. What a great job it will be. The Hq makes beautiful and even stitches dont you think?
Old 03-09-2010, 07:02 PM

I have the 16 and LOVE LOVE it. When $ permits I would like to upgrade to the Avente.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:04 PM

I have herad then hq 16 is a great machine also...I thought about it but I had heard from a few dealers that there was very little difference in the price so I went for the Avante. I dont think its hard to sell a used HQ 16.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:11 PM

Hi Mike,
I have the HQ16 and I love the ease of using it. It is not complicated at all and is a good machine to learn machine quilting with a longarm. It does have the ability to upgrade to the electronic system if you want to. I do think it is important whatever machine you get that there is someone near you that can give you lessons on how to use it and beyond. I attended a weekend class on advanced quilting and was amazed with the things I could incorporate into my quilts. It was also great to fid quilters near me for help if I needed it. Good luck!!!
Old 03-11-2010, 04:52 AM

I have the HQ16 with Qbot computer. It is wonderful and so easy to use. The Qbot is quite a bit less expensive than HQ's computerized system. I also have the Imperial frame.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:25 AM

What is a groovy board? Is that the board with a pattern in it that you put a dowel or something down in the slot and follow the pattern? If so do you like it and use that feature a lot?
Originally Posted by cutebuns
I have the HQ 16 and really like it, I have some groovy boards as well to go with it, some days I would like something a bit bigger, but for what I use it for it is great.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:56 AM
Power Poster

It does have slots in the board for a stylus to run around in it and it is pretty easy to use. I ahve used them on a fe wprojects. You still need to practice to use them for it to flow well. The good thing is that the design is always the same size and shape when you are done.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:07 AM

I didnt know they had these for the HQ. where did you get yours...I had some when I had my grace frame..they are nice!