Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Handiquilter >

Handiquilter

Handiquilter

Old 11-25-2011, 08:32 AM

I have the HQ Avante..Studio 10' frame. I love it! Set up can be a job if you don't know what you are doing. (My Rep. came and set mine up and taught me how to use it. He had part of the machine sent to me and the other 1/2 sent to him. He per-assembled the table at his shop that saved a ton of time. As it was... he was here for 8 hours setting it up and teaching me how to use it!) As someone else mentioned... you should have a Rep. near by. My Rep. is FANTASTIC! I had a problem with mine... and a new one was shipped out from HQ 3 days later. It would have been sooner, but my set up was on a Saturday and HQ was closed, but it was all taken care of by Monday evening.

I would suggest buying one locally.... IMO.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:34 AM

I have purchased the HQ16 and love it have had it 6 years now. no complaints, and the price is good too!
get it!! good luck
katz
Old 11-25-2011, 10:24 AM

I am trying one out next Tues. Don't know which model it is, and I didn't realize there were so many models! It doesn't do King size quilts. The owner is upgrading.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:01 PM

I have the HQ Avante and love it. If you have questions or problems, they are there to help. I say go for whatever model you like. They will take care of you!
Old 11-25-2011, 04:02 PM

I have the Babylock Crown Jewel which is just like the HQ Avante. Both are wonderful machines.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:41 PM

I have a APQS long arm that I just purchased about a month ago--but the Handi Quilter Fusion was my second choice. I got a really good deal on the APQS so I decided to purchase that one. I have enough room for a long arm and frame--therefore--I have a longarm and frame. However, before I bought that, I did try the HQ Sweet Sixteen Sit-down and I loved it. I was going to purchase that and then my husband pursuaded me to get the longarm instead--since I had the room for it and he knew it was what I really wanted. However, if I did not have enough room (or $) for a long arm, I definitely would own the HQ Sweet Sixteen Sit-down. And I know a couple other people who have the HQ long arms and really like the HQ products and their Customer Service. Good Luck with your decision.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Landers View Post
I don't know much about this machine but I would like to tell you that whatever you buy make sure that you have an authorized dealer and repair service locally. I see several of my friends that live here in NV with me and if their machines need any repair, they do not have a service person (even in Reno) and have to ship their machine for repair. i brought a BabyLock Jewel a couple of years ago and really went for it because they can service in Reno in 2 shops and at my CA home, I have a choice of 5/6 authorized repair service shops. On of the CA shops are within 20 miles from me.
I agree with this comment -- TOTALLY! I have a HandiQuilter Avante and absolutely LOVE it!
Old 11-25-2011, 06:06 PM

I have the HW-16 but mine is the older model. I've had my machine for 6 years. I would love having the display on the top of the machine like they are now, mine is on the side. I love the machine to pieces!! Mine sits in a table though as I don't have room for the large frame.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:18 AM

I just ordered the HQ Fusion/Pro Stitcher Package. It will be here next week. My husband and I looked at seven other manufacturers and weighed all of the pros and cons. HQ came out on top. I am so excited.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:33 AM

I have one and it is alot of fun to use and I just love everything about it.