Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Happy National/International Quilting Day

Blog Entries

Happy National/International Quilting Day

I love that this always falls on the third Saturday of March. It is the same day as our quilt meeting and afterwards we have our Community Service sew in. What are you doing to celebrate today?
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Blog Entries
    Mini retreat. My girlfriend and I at the cottage, looking at the still ice covered lake.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Busy day...ladies luncheon at church...grandson's 17th birthday
    Retired teacher, loving it.
    Love quilting also.

Power Poster
    I am going to do a bit of clean up in my garden and then reward myself with basting a wall hanging. Okay I guess the reward will be tomorrow when I can quilt it.

Went to Quilter's Anonymous show in Monroe yesterday and will use all my acquired inspiration to enjoy my quilting today. Currently working on "Double Friendship" MSQC pieced quilt that needs borders and a Pacific Rim Quilt Co. Hawaiian wall hanging "Sea Turtles and Dolphins" that is hand appliqued, need to finish the outside of dolphins. Anyone in the Seattle/Puget Sound should check out the show if you have a chance today and Sunday.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Isn't it odd.....I did not know we had this day. So neat it fell on our virtual quilting weekend. Happy sewing to everybody.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Basting a new quilt

Name:  IMG_0586.JPG
Views: 565
Size:  71.7 KB

Barb2018, your quilt is stunningly beautiful.

I sew some blocks together. I sew almost everyday.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Oh no! I missed it completely. I worked on my income tax return almost all day. Ugh! A wasted day! Any day without quilting is a wasted day in my book.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-17-2018 at 06:40 PM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps

Quote Originally Posted by SillySusan View Post
    Oh no! I missed it completely. I worked on my income tax return almost all day. Ugh! A wasted day! Any day without quilting is a wasted day in my book.
    I also spent the day on taxes and budget. Ugh. But i did take advantage of special sales at MSQC.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-17-2018 at 06:40 PM. Reason: edit quote only

I have spent the haymaking my sewing room into a guest room for a 3 year old. We have some friends coming from North Dakota for a month (he is in the Air Force and on his way to Japan for 2 years with his wife and daughter). The father is from here but no one in his family has the extra room - so we invited them to stay with us. It was amazing how hard it was to pack it away - but I don't want the little one to get into anything that can be harmful. It has been a great many years that I have had to child proof my house.

I spent the weekend watching Free Quilt Shows (Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims) with marvelous talented quilters. Some were no longer here; so much talent, missed.
    Carol