Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Harbor Freight tools round blades

Welcome to the club. I love my blades and they do last a along time. I know some people aren't happy with them but I have never had a problem. Enjoy!

I went to the Harbor Freight in Reno and they didn't carry them. I don't think we even have Harbor Freight in Wyoming, at least not where I live.

When we were at Paducah for the quilt show, we found a Harbor Freight. But, they were all out of the blades, they had quit a run on them. He said the main warehouse had a huge inventory of them and they would be getting more. We told him we wouldn't be back till next year. There is a Harbor Freight 30 miles from me, and when I am over there will check, they were out the last time.

Blog Entries
    What is the Blade Club?

Blog Entries
    I plan to buy some the next time we go to Phoenix shopping. Can you tell me exactly what I ask for. Someone said it was carpet blades. Thanks you.

Blog Entries
    Why can't we order blades? Would they be allowed in Canada?

Blog Entries
    Whoopee! I am a member of something and didn'[t even realize it! I use them all the time, thanks to finding out about them here a while back. I live waaaaaay out in the sticks, so to speak, and last time we went to Sioux City, I stopped in Harbor Freight and loaded up. Didn't take all they had, but got about ten packages. Just love them.

Blog Entries
    hi icon 17, no wonder i can never find blades at harbor freight, you are buying them all. LOL my husband has been there 2 times to get me some. they never have any. will have to come to your house to use yours. LOL lorene in everett,wa also

Blog Entries
    I love these. I was a skeptic when I started reading this on the board but now I am hooked

Where is this "Blade Club" and how/where do you join?

The last time I was in Harbor Freight there was just one package dangling on the hook (which I grabbed) and when I asked the clerk if they had any more, he just gave me a cute (knowingly) smirk and said "no, they didn't get many in this time."

Marysewfun

I have been buying my blades for the past year from HF. I signed up for their on-line flyer and get a "head's up" when the blades will be on sale. I then order then on-line and they get her quite quickly. Have only had 1 out the the ones I've used be a little wonky. I love it. My sewing budget wouldn't stand the price of them every where else. I occasionally stick a pkg of 2 of them in my SP boxes. Always buy 10 sets a a time. Sara

Blog Entries
    We have a HF store opening in our area. I need to check on the opening date so I can join "the blade club" :roll:

Hopefully not the store in Daytona Beach. When I asked for them, the young man said, "Oh, you're a quilter. My mother is a quilter . . . etc" and we had a great chat. He said they can't order enough to keep them in stock all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by eashka
    When they figure out what you are using the carpet cutter blades for the price will sky-rocket. Better stock up while they are still affordable. Blades are so expensive.

I have purchased several packs, some of the blades simply wont cut, others work well. Just a heads up.

WOW - You guys just saved me a bundle. I'm picking mine up from Harbor Freight tonight.

small town between Baltimore/Annapolis MD
    I'm not in the club yet...but I plan to be pretty soon! Thanks for the good info. DH will think it strange me being the one to say "let's go to Harbor Freight".

Can these be ordered online?

If any of our Canada friends need me to pick some up and ship to them, send me a PM. Hubby is always at HF and drags me there quite regularly. I would still think they are considerably cheaper even with the shipping charges compared to OLFA blades.

You scored a super deal..last blades I ordered were $1.79 per pk of two. Only down side was that shipping was $8.99 which is much higher than it should be. But since we do not have a Harbor Freight here in Maine I don't have a choice.

I just ordered my first 10 pkgs from Harbor Freight. Called my friend to see if she wanted any and she said she just bought some from e-bay and they were cheap. Said sometimes there is no shipping. But I wanted mine NOW didn't want to play with the bidding. Thanks for this great buy, suprised I hadn't seen this here before.

Quote Originally Posted by tmjennings
    Yes...I ordered 10 packages the last time they were on sale and the shipping was not bad. We don't have a store less than a 2 hour drive from here so I signed up for their on-line flyers.

I just ordered 10 packs, too, @$1.49/ea - I also live 40 miles from a HF and each time we have gone, except the one packet I got this last weekend, they have always been out - so it is just easier to pay the $6.99 shipping.

Marysewfun

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tmjennings
    Yes, they can be ordered online. Even when ordering online and paying for shipping, if you do your math, you will find you are a saving a bundle.

Just think, with the savings, how much more faric you can buy!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah every time I go to Harbor Freight they are sold out to other quilters. They just can't seem to get enough........LOL

Wow! I can't wait to join the Blade Club. I just noticed a Harbor Freight in my area last Saturday. I'm gonna go tomorrow. Hope I find blades there. Thanks so much for the tip!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast