Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Harbor Freight tools round blades

I'm so glad I came accross this posting. I love Harbor Freight and so does the hubby. Now the fact that I can get blades that will fit my rotary cutter and save me money. Yippee!
    Thanks for the tip.

After I posted I went to the website and placed and order for 5 paks of the blades. I have two cutters so now I can keep sharp blades on both of them.
    Do you think they wonder why there is a run on rotary carpet cutting blades? LOL

I just ordered 10 packages at $1.49 each online. Can you reverse them like the blades made for the quilting rotary cutters? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by valsma
    Do you think they wonder why there is a run on rotary carpet cutting blades? LOL
    I noticed the only customer reviews online were from quilters. Maybe we should keep quiet about this and just keep it in the quilting community? No sense in spoiling a good thing. :-P :-P

At quilt class on Tuesday, it was mentioned that our local Harbor Freight had a 'huge' shipment come in at $1.49 for 2 blades.

I had already purchased 40 pks (half of which a friend bought) online when all the hubbub was going on several months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by selm
    I noticed the only customer reviews online were from quilters. Maybe we should keep quiet about this and just keep it in the quilting community? No sense in spoiling a good thing. :-P :-P
    Yeah, I noticed that to. :D

They know already. My local store only has 1 or 2 packs if I can find them at all. I asked the manager when they expected more in and he said they had a hard time keeping them in stock. "it's those quilters. They found out it's the same blade as their expensive ones and we can't keep them in stock."

I agree about keeping quiet about it. Let's just let it be our little secret.

Went to Harbor Freight while hubby and I were out buying paint. Bought 6 packs. Just put a new Olfa one in my cutter so it will be a couple of weeks before I try one. Hopefully they will work well. Even if one or two aren't good, it's still better than paying $31.99 for a pack of 5 at JoAnns--even with 1/2 off coupon. I guess I'm a member of the club now too.

I bought mine online from Harbor Freight. So you don't have to dispair.

Blog Entries
    OK I've just placed an order for 10 packs after reading all the threads. I've already got an Olfa 45mm. I've been using the 60mm for ages but I'm willing to give this 45 a shot at these prices.

Quote Originally Posted by wolflady
    My DH resharpens my blades for me, so i don't have to buy to many blades. Love it.
    Wolflady
    HOW ????

Quote Originally Posted by glenda5253
    I want to join! (whine) Every time I get to town I either run out of time or wear out before I get to HF. It's way across town.
    http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-to...des-97642.html

On sale right now

Quote Originally Posted by charity-crafter
    They know already. My local store only has 1 or 2 packs if I can find them at all. I asked the manager when they expected more in and he said they had a hard time keeping them in stock. "it's those quilters. They found out it's the same blade as their expensive ones and we can't keep them in stock."

I agree about keeping quiet about it. Let's just let it be our little secret.
    Agree...keep it quiet!

I went today and they had no replacement blades, all sold out. They had three on the shelf with the handle and three blades so I was going to get all three, when I checked them out, seems someone did a 5 finger discunt on the two extra blades on the other two. We told them, all they dd is say ok, and hung it right back up. I thinik I will check on line and see how much postage is.

They were $1.39 on the shelf. I am checking agan tomorrow. They sad they get there orders in on Wed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ann L
    I went today and they had no replacement blades, all sold out. They had three on the shelf with the handle and three blades so I was going to get all three, when I checked them out, seems someone did a 5 finger discunt on the two extra blades on the other two. We told them, all they dd is say ok, and hung it right back up. I thinik I will check on line and see how much postage is.
    Postage wasn't that bad especially if your buying more than one or two packages.
    I seriously hate the attitude of some employees of some stores. I guess the bottom line is what is important to them. They probably think someone will buy it without noticing the missing blades.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
    Quote Originally Posted by icon17
    I just joined the 'Blade Club' here on the QB. :lol: I bought 10 packs with a Rain check! at a sale price of $1.49. Way cool, now I've got 20 blades and can cut away like a 'Mad Woman' :lol: on my FatQ's (got to use my Hubbys gift card to do it too!) 8-)
    I went to our Harbor Freight here in Oklahoma looked all over for those blades and could not find them so I ask a sales person for help, they said there over there, so I go search the wall, once again couldnt find them. Went to another sales person telling them what I'm looking for, once again told me there over on that wall...finally I got mad and just left they could of cared less in helping me find those rotor blades....
    Please don't give up. Next time you are in HF ask for 'carpet cutters'. You will find the carpet cutters (usually a yellow device) with 2 blades in it for about $3.95 or so. If they have the blades they will be right next to the cutters in a pack of 2 for about $1.99.

Or, order them online. Shipping is $9.99. Order 10 packs and that will stock you up and cost you about an extra $.50 per blade. Still not a bad deal. Happy shopping! :-D

Go to Harborfrieght.com

in the land of fruits, nuts, flakes & quakes!
    Went to my local HF yesterday and picked up three packages, $1.49 each. When I got home, I was shocked to see each package contained TWO blades! What a deal!

I ordered mine from HarborFreight.com Even with the shipping they are cheap and they work so well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4