Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Harbor Frieght Blades >

Harbor Frieght Blades

Harbor Frieght Blades

Old 08-24-2010, 07:15 AM

still waiting but did finally get a post card from them out of Calf. Didn't say when they would be in. Just that they are backorded
Old 08-24-2010, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by quiltnmom
I am new to quilting and to the Quilting Board. What kind of blades?? My husband is a reqular at Harbour Freight, he would think it hilarious if I told him it also had a crafty purpose too!
They are the replacement blades that fit a quilter's rotary cutter. At Harbor Freight, they sell them to cut carpets with.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:27 AM

I'm waiting. I ordered 20 pkgs yesterday and was told that they wouldn't be in until October. But I also found 5 packages at our local HF that had just come in. They're out now.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:39 AM

Thanks to the Quilting Board Quilter for the info on the carpet (rotary cutter) blades. My DH and DD went to a Harbor Freight in another suburb and bought 8 of them with a 20% off coupon - costing me $1.29 for two blades! As I type this, my DD is purchasing the last 4 from another HF store, again with a coupon. I'm thinking of surprising my Bee with a package for each of the 6 members. We'll have to check out the longevity of the blades. Hopefully they last as long (or even longer) than the regular rotary cutter blades. Again, thanks to the sharp eyed QB Quilter who found this treasure. Belles
Old 08-24-2010, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
I'm still waiting on my order too even though it shows shipped, I can't track to see if it is or not!!
My order said shipped also.
I called them, and they said they had shipped a card saying the blades are on backorder until Oct.1. :x
Old 08-24-2010, 10:46 AM

How do you get a coupon for HF?
Old 08-24-2010, 11:13 AM

I ordered online too, and they are still back ordered. I also received the postcard confirming my order.

Can't you just imagine somebody in the HF home offices somewhere scratching their heads and wondering why a bunch of women suddenly got so interested in laying carpet? Hope they don't use this info to buy stock in carpet - that would be an insider info situation gone wrong!
Old 08-24-2010, 11:23 AM

I went to our HF (didn't even know we had one) today, they didn't have just the packages of blades but they did have the whole cutter with three blades. I bought all they had in stock, twelve blades in all. I figure I saved $4.66 per blade over the full price at JoAnn's. Bless whom ever started this thread, you saved me a small fortune. Feel bad about the handles but I will make sure their recycled.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by belmer
That sounds like a great deal, I'm still waiting for my back order to come, I wonder if anyone else is still waiting.
ours was out..

8-)
someone beat me to them! they did have the cutter, but i didn't realize it had 3 blades in them.
i didn't know i could back-order! they said they get shipments in on mondays.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by tooMuchFabric
How do you get a coupon for HF?
In the Sunday newspapers (for me, the Chicago Tribune and SouthtownStar), there is always a special section of coupons from many, many different companies. Harbor Freight had a full page ad in last Sunday's coupon section, so we found two coupons, one in each newspaper. 20% off ANYTHING is worth cutting coupons. Hope your city newspaper carries the coupon section. Belles