Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Harbor Frieght Blades

Went to my Harbor Frieght today they did not have the blades they were all out but they did have the cutters that hold the blades and there were 3 blades in a pack and the whole thing was 3.99 so I bought 3 of them got 9 blades for 12.00 which is less than u pay for 2 at Jo Ann's. He didn't know wheather they were goiing to get any blades in or not. I also got a gripper to hold my ruler down. I told then that they were a craft store as well as a tool store. She laughed. I was just glad I found the blades I hate having to always use my coupons on blades.

That sounds like a great deal, I'm still waiting for my back order to come, I wonder if anyone else is still waiting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by belmer
    That sounds like a great deal, I'm still waiting for my back order to come, I wonder if anyone else is still waiting.
    I'm still waiting. Someone posted something about it yesterday and she said they were backordered until October!

I started the mail order but since they are on back order I went to the store. I got lucky, the had a few packages, so I bought them. They also had blades with the cutter. I'm pretty happy.

The manager at our local HF ordered them and said he would put 20 pkgs aside for me. I did manage to pick up 5 pkgs , which was all he had left. Denise

I went to my local HF today and got 19 packs of blades and the cutter. I actually need the cutter..we are replacing our rugs. The salesgirl said she would have more in next week. She looked at her warehouse inventory and found they have 350 pks of replacement blades in stock...

Blog Entries
    I'm still waiting. And patience is definitely not one of my virtues. :cry:

I'm still waiting on my order too even though it shows shipped, I can't track to see if it is or not!!

I am new to quilting and to the Quilting Board. What kind of blades?? My husband is a reqular at Harbour Freight, he would think it hilarious if I told him it also had a crafty purpose too!

Mine is backordered in OCTOBER, but that is ok with me for that price.

still waiting but did finally get a post card from them out of Calf. Didn't say when they would be in. Just that they are backorded

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltnmom
    I am new to quilting and to the Quilting Board. What kind of blades?? My husband is a reqular at Harbour Freight, he would think it hilarious if I told him it also had a crafty purpose too!
    They are the replacement blades that fit a quilter's rotary cutter. At Harbor Freight, they sell them to cut carpets with.

I'm waiting. I ordered 20 pkgs yesterday and was told that they wouldn't be in until October. But I also found 5 packages at our local HF that had just come in. They're out now.

Thanks to the Quilting Board Quilter for the info on the carpet (rotary cutter) blades. My DH and DD went to a Harbor Freight in another suburb and bought 8 of them with a 20% off coupon - costing me $1.29 for two blades! As I type this, my DD is purchasing the last 4 from another HF store, again with a coupon. I'm thinking of surprising my Bee with a package for each of the 6 members. We'll have to check out the longevity of the blades. Hopefully they last as long (or even longer) than the regular rotary cutter blades. Again, thanks to the sharp eyed QB Quilter who found this treasure. Belles

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
    I'm still waiting on my order too even though it shows shipped, I can't track to see if it is or not!!
    My order said shipped also.
    I called them, and they said they had shipped a card saying the blades are on backorder until Oct.1. :x

Blog Entries
    How do you get a coupon for HF?

I ordered online too, and they are still back ordered. I also received the postcard confirming my order.

Can't you just imagine somebody in the HF home offices somewhere scratching their heads and wondering why a bunch of women suddenly got so interested in laying carpet? Hope they don't use this info to buy stock in carpet - that would be an insider info situation gone wrong!

I went to our HF (didn't even know we had one) today, they didn't have just the packages of blades but they did have the whole cutter with three blades. I bought all they had in stock, twelve blades in all. I figure I saved $4.66 per blade over the full price at JoAnn's. Bless whom ever started this thread, you saved me a small fortune. Feel bad about the handles but I will make sure their recycled.

Blog Entries
    ours was out..

8-)
    someone beat me to them! they did have the cutter, but i didn't realize it had 3 blades in them.
    i didn't know i could back-order! they said they get shipments in on mondays.

Quote Originally Posted by tooMuchFabric
    How do you get a coupon for HF?
    In the Sunday newspapers (for me, the Chicago Tribune and SouthtownStar), there is always a special section of coupons from many, many different companies. Harbor Freight had a full page ad in last Sunday's coupon section, so we found two coupons, one in each newspaper. 20% off ANYTHING is worth cutting coupons. Hope your city newspaper carries the coupon section. Belles

I got 8 packages of blades at my local harbor freight at $1.99. oh well still cheaper that at Joanne's with coupon!

Blog Entries
    I'm still waiting too. I received a post card in the mail from HF confirming my backorder as well as an email. I hope this means they will be restocking.

if you get on the harbor freight mailing list there are 20% off coupons that can be used towards blades. The coupons are in all kinds of 'guy' magazines. Just FYI

Blog Entries
    I also got the flyer for HF only it was through the mail to occupant! That's me!

For what it is worth, I was cutting sashing yesterday and cut through eight layers of fabric with the HF blade! Fit the Olfa perfectly and fabric came out perfect, sharp cut. Couldn't do that with the blades from JoAnn's. Has anyone told JoAnn's or Hancock why they aren't selling blades anymore? Just curious. I am hitting both places on September 7 and would love to be the one who told them! I will anyhow. I know that girls at our JoAnn's. They probably found out about HF and go there also.

Edie

There is no HF near me but where my DD works there is one. Now if I can just get her to go and check. That one is the closest and its an hour away .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast