Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Harrison Rose >

Harrison Rose

Harrison Rose

Old 02-24-2024, 09:28 AM

Default Harrison Rose

Hi Everyone, it's been a while for me on here. I am getting back to quilting but clothing for now. I see that quilted clothing is very popular with some designers righ now. I found a quilted short zippered jacket by Ralph Lauren for 700.00. On my, this started me lol. I had a quilt top that was not my favorite, so I cut it up and made a little coat. It is just lined so it's won't be hot. Here is a pic.

About the Harrison Rose. I have been searching for a pattern for it. I like this type of block. I want to add it to a jacket along with the Seth Thomas block. I have a pattern for the Seth Thomas. I got into my EQ progam and was able to find block 3649 King David's crown but it's missing one part. I should be able to add it in EQ but I'm having a problem doing it. Can anybody help?
Attached Thumbnails coat-small.jpg  
Old 02-24-2024, 09:54 AM

I love making wearables! Here's a log cabin variation that I made into a coat a few years ago. It's one of my favorites

spice-mkt-jack-front-web.jpgspice-mkt-jacket-back-web.jpg
Old 02-24-2024, 10:06 AM

I've been seeing quilt block coats popping up this year. Another few months I'll be pulling my 90's wearables back out of the closet. I loved wearing them!
Old 02-24-2024, 11:17 AM

Default Harrison Info

RE: Harrison Rose
This may not be at all what you're looking for, but I saw this a couple of days ago and remembered it. It was easy to find in my history. May or may not help.

https://collectorwithaneedle.blogspo...ison-rose.html
Old 02-24-2024, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Rosyhf View Post
About the Harrison Rose. I have been searching for a pattern for it. I like this type of block. I want to add it to a jacket along with the Seth Thomas block. I have a pattern for the Seth Thomas. I got into my EQ progam and was able to find block 3649 King David's crown but it's missing one part. I should be able to add it in EQ but I'm having a problem doing it. Can anybody help?
Can you be more specific about what you need help with?
Old 02-24-2024, 01:33 PM

Yes I saw that one, thank you. they want 24.00 for the pattern, not doing it lol
Old 02-24-2024, 01:37 PM

Default Help in Eq

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
Can you be more specific about what you need help with?
The Rose has two parts in the middle. the first one is like the middle of a wedding ring block and the second one looks like another middle underneath. If I put the block in eq, all I have to do is draw the new lines and then print the pattern but can't seem to do it. my line keep disappearing. I will read the book and keep trying.
Old 02-24-2024, 02:01 PM

Ok, I managed to do it in EQ7. I have parts parts PP and parts of template. This will be fun. I will post when I finish a rose. It will be part piece and part applique. I manage to click on the right nod to draw the lines I need. I am soooo happy and save 24.00 dollars, I wasn't going to spend it anyway.