Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone attended Mountain Quiltfest in Pigeon Forge? >

Has anyone attended Mountain Quiltfest in Pigeon Forge?

Has anyone attended Mountain Quiltfest in Pigeon Forge?

Old 10-23-2017, 07:15 AM

Default Has anyone attended Mountain Quiltfest in Pigeon Forge?

I'm thinking about attending the March 2018 quiltfest to be held in Pigeon Forge. Has anyone attended it before? Did you like it? Is it small, large, about average compared to others?

What are your favorite quiltfests to attend?
Old 10-23-2017, 04:29 PM

Default I went spring of 2017 and had a wonderful time.

I'd classify it as a medium sized quilt show. Can be done in one day. The great thing about the show is that it is in Pigeon Forge near Gatlinburg which is at the Great Smokey Mts. National Park. Wonderful scenery, places to visit, great restaurants, shopping, and the show is within walking distance to "The Island" with Margueritaville, Paula Deen's Restaurant, lots of shopping. One of the best tourist attractions in the country, in my opinion.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:08 PM

Amylyks2qlt, I must admit the location is a lot of the reason I'm thinking of going. It is a fantastic area. I also hoped it would be a good 'first quiltfest' experience. I'm glad you had a wonderful time this past March. Thank you for replying!
Old 10-23-2017, 06:19 PM

We had gone with the grandson last Aug. so he could go to Dollywood. Stayed at Quality Inn near the Dolly Stampede
which is close to everything. This is about the 10th time we have been there. Visited all the nice quilt shops in the area
and was very pleased with all of them. After the fire hit the area, I contacted the one shop and they were having an auction for those who lost their homes but I could not make it. Go and have fun. We always do.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by ragamuffin View Post
We had gone with the grandson last Aug. so he could go to Dollywood. Stayed at Quality Inn near the Dolly Stampede
which is close to everything. This is about the 10th time we have been there. Visited all the nice quilt shops in the area
and was very pleased with all of them. After the fire hit the area, I contacted the one shop and they were having an auction for those who lost their homes but I could not make it. Go and have fun. We always do.
Your reply got me thinking.....how many fun quilt shops may be located on my route to Pigeon Forge? I found several I'm curious about. I will follow I75 to Pigeon Forge. The Quilt Patch in LaFollette, Sew Unique Fabric in Clinton, and Atomic Fibers in Oak Ridge aren't too far off path. Stitches n Stuff is very near I75 in Powell. Then there are several in Pigeon Forge area. Fun fun fun
Old 10-25-2017, 07:25 AM

Quilt show in Sisters , Oregon. Top quilters display quilts. Classes are booked full months ahead so sign up early. Google for full details and brochure for more information.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Sharnql View Post
Quilt show in Sisters , Oregon. Top quilters display quilts. Classes are booked full months ahead so sign up early. Google for full details and brochure for more information.
That sounds fantastic! I have a friend in Seattle. Maybe I can combine with a trip to see her. Only a five hour drive away.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:13 PM

I attended mountain quilt fest in 2016 and really enjoyed the day. Many quilts on display and a large number of vendors. The area is lovely and one of my favorite places. For quilt shops, I’ve done the Eastern Tennessee shop hop before and all shops were good. My favorite is Twisted Sisters in Maryville about 45 minutes from Pigeon Forge. Cherry pit also good in Seiverville. Tennessee Quilts is wonderful! Huge selection.
Old 11-01-2017, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by bigdogmom View Post
I attended mountain quilt fest in 2016 and really enjoyed the day. Many quilts on display and a large number of vendors. The area is lovely and one of my favorite places. For quilt shops, I’ve done the Eastern Tennessee shop hop before and all shops were good. My favorite is Twisted Sisters in Maryville about 45 minutes from Pigeon Forge. Cherry pit also good in Seiverville. Tennessee Quilts is wonderful! Huge selection.
Thanks for the shop tips. I didn't find Tennessee Quilts. Where is it located? I'm really excited to go. And there are several classes that look good for beginner like me.
Old 03-17-2018, 05:51 PM

Leaving for the Mountain Quiltfest in Pigeon Forge on Monday. Very excited. It will be my first quilt festival. Thanks everyone for the tips and advice! Driving down with my sister.