Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone bought a Sue Garman pattern before? >

Has anyone bought a Sue Garman pattern before?

Has anyone bought a Sue Garman pattern before?

Old 11-07-2013, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by MTS View Post
Is it possible someone had, let's say, bought a legit copy at a local shop or online, and then copied it and put it up for sale on eBay? And that's why the printing was so crappy?
I wondered this also. If it's true, shame on that seller.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:21 AM

Hello ladies!

I would like to do the Stars for a Day BOM, but I only have the 1st 3 installments from The Quilt Show. Does anyone have the others they would be willing to share? I would greatly appreciate it!
Old 02-07-2014, 08:47 AM

Oops! That is Stars for a New Day.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:39 PM

"Stars for a New Day" was a free pattern for members of The Quilt Show back in 2008. After that, it was published for sale. If you google it, you'll find several websites that have it listed.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:37 PM

Location: I live in the Bay Area, Walnut Creek, California--high population quilt designers, fabric designers,

I realize this is a old post, I would like to comment. I purchased the pattern, "Friends of Baltimore" from the Quakertown (I think was the web page) web page and was very disappointed in the selection as well as the quality of the pattern fabrics. I bought shortly after the pattern was offered. You are also right about the quality of copy, it is not printed straight on the paper, and some areas missing entirely. However, I do like Sue Garman's designs. I wish she would spend more time and pay more attention to details of the patterns, directions I found to be difficult to understand. I am not a beginner and have been quilting, appliquéing, designing clothing, and quilt designs, and sewing for more than 30years. My experience allowed me to make the quilt, but very frustrated because it was near $500 purchase. Also my best friend and neighbor purchased the same quilt kit (block of month) and she received entirely different fabrics than I did, hers we both thought were better selection. I emailed the web page and expressed my comments and did NOT receive a response.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
I've got "Omigosh" and I can't say that I have either of the problems you mentioned. My only complaint is that I had to do some of the math for the pattern to figure number of strips of each color for the pattern (because it's supposed to be 'scrappy' so she suggests a number of different colors only).
I am making her OMIGOSH quilt and just using all scraps so I didn't have to do any math---I just cut what I had in my stash and then started making the 2 blocks. I LOVE this pattern!!