Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone bought from Temu? >

Has anyone bought from Temu?

Has anyone bought from Temu?

Old 02-04-2023, 11:17 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I found a US vendor on eBay and ordered two 6,000 yard spools for $10.99. Ordered Monday night and was in my mailbox Wednesday morning. Thread seems decent but I haven't actually sewn with it yet.
Old 02-04-2023, 11:37 AM

I ordered a top from them and it wasn't what was pictured. It also had the word "crank" printed across the front which was hidden in the picture because of a necklace.I wasn't able to get my money back so I would not buy from them. I do not buy items from vendors who do not provide real people and a physical address.
Old 02-04-2023, 04:15 PM

I have not had good results when I have bought templates advertised on Facebook. They ended up being flimsy plastic that does not fit with the other pieces of the template, and they are from China. Definitely not worth the $$$.
Old 02-07-2023, 07:03 AM

I just placed an order with them. Needed a phone case and they had it. I also order a pack of 2 1/2 squares just to see the quality of the fabric. Will let you know when I get them suppose to be here by the 13th. They said if it is not delivered by the 19th there will be a $5 refund.
Old 02-09-2023, 12:47 PM

Came across this article. Reinforced my decision to not do business with them.

https://time.com/6243738/temu-app-complaints/
Old 02-09-2023, 04:59 PM

Thanks Peckish. I had been approached by several junk offers and this was one, Went directly to my trash bin.
Old 02-09-2023, 09:29 PM
Power Poster

If you are looking for thread, I can recommend all the lovely threads by American and Efird, an American thread company. I used their threads exclusively in my business.
Old 02-10-2023, 07:00 AM

I just received my thread today. Only took a few days. Will let everyone know how well it does.
Old 02-11-2023, 07:30 AM

I recently bought a little travel pillow for a very cheap price. It did arrive and looks OK. Made in China as I suspect many of their products are. Am somewhat reluctant to buy much from there in that I don't see any need to support China's economy any more than necessary.
Old 02-11-2023, 08:21 AM
mkc

Originally Posted by IowaStitcher View Post
I recently bought a little travel pillow for a very cheap price. It did arrive and looks OK. Made in China as I suspect many of their products are.
If you read the info in the link Peckish posted (and read some other online info about Temu), you'll see it's just the US website for a Chinese vendor aggregator. Temu itself is just the middleman order processor for Chinese vendors. It's going to be a mixed bag as to what the quality of items on that site will be.

You also have to be careful with sellers on Amazon for the same reason. Amazon has quite a few third party merchants/"brands" that do the same, and many there utilize Amazon as their distribution warehouse NY Magazine article on Amazon 3rd party sellers