Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone ever used the clover mini iron? >

Has anyone ever used the clover mini iron?

Has anyone ever used the clover mini iron?

Old 10-19-2013, 01:19 PM

I have tried mine one time..not near hot enough..put it back in the drawer...just made me a covered tv tray to sit by my sewing cabinet and use regular iron..after reading now I might try it again..by heating up several times...
Old 10-19-2013, 02:40 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

There is a student who uses the Clover mini iron for her piecing in all the workshops she takes with me....she hates to get in line for the big iron in the back of the room! (Can't say I blame her!)

Jan in VA
Old 10-19-2013, 03:51 PM

I have one, and I like it, gets hot and stays hot. Every once in awhile I piece a block where the seams need to be ironed opened and I use it for that among other things.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:44 PM

I have one and I like it a lot for sewing doll clothes. There is no way to press those little seams without it!
Old 10-19-2013, 07:05 PM

I have the mini clover iron and I have it set up on a table with an ironing pad beside my sewing machine. I use it for pressing seems open when I'm doing paper piecing (I like to press my seems open when I paper piece). I don't have to get up to go to the "big" iron when I'm making my blocks. I got mine 50% off at Joanns a few years ago. No attachments, just the mini iron. I make clothes for my daughter's sock monkeys (yes, she's 37!!!!) and it's great for those little seams.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Misty's Mom View Post
I have one, used it, hated it, now it takes up space in my sewing room. Wouldn't get hot enough.
I had the same experience.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:08 PM

I have one, used it, hated it, now it takes up space in my sewing room. Wouldn't get hot enough. Have since got the petite press and love it. The handle is adjustable.
Thanks for the info. I have been looking at the petite press at JoAnn's and with the coupon, it would be a good deal. May have to try it, since I cannot get the fusible off my clover....really cooked it!
Old 10-20-2013, 02:51 AM

My daughter bought me one and I love it! I don't use it a lot but when I need something for small spaces like delicate appliques it is priceless. Mine gets hot so no problem there!
Lynda

Originally Posted by Bullock2us View Post
My mom does alot of doll clothes and barbie clothes making-thought maybe this would be a good Christmas gift for her so she didn't have to have her big iron out all the time. Has anyone used one? Is it worth buying the one with all the attachments? Any help I can get in making this decision I would appreciate-Thanks
Old 10-20-2013, 02:54 AM

I have one, used it, hated it, now it takes up space in my sewing room. Wouldn't get hot enough. Have since got the petite press and love it. The handle is adjustable.
I agree for the same reason. Mine has been sitting in the drawer. I had better luck with a travel iron that I got off Craigslist for $5.00.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:21 AM

I bought one a few years back for this very thing - doll clothes. Mine is temp controlled and it gets freaking hot! I would recommend it and would also recommend a holder for it because the little wire clover stand can be wobbly, especially if you have little feet toddling around.